Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
Hazz-JB
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 63
Posts: 493
Broken Xbox 360 controls?

Hi, I'm having trouble using an Xbox 360 controller to play this game. Everything works fine except for the Left and Right trigger.

The right trigger just won't do anything atall, despite being mapped to shoot as default. The left trigger oddly isn't mapped atall, and mapping it to aim (which isn't mapped to any controller key by default) just makes left trigger rapidly holster and unholster weapons...

Has anyone else had trouble like this?
Hazz-JB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
k37chup
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 20
Posts: 517
try installing latest driver for controller http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...ategory=gaming
k37chup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
Spiffy McBang
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 28
You can't shoot because you have to draw your weapons first, which you can't do if you're rapidly drawing and holstering your weapons. I'm having the same problem, but with a Logitech Dual Action controller. Just installed new software, but to no effect.
Spiffy McBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
Stormlight
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 12
I had the same problem. You need to go to options --> controls --> gamepad configuration and invert the x and y axis. Now you can use the right stick to aim.
Stormlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
tharnefuin
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Same problem here with the aim button and the xbox360 controller,any solution?.I tried reinstalling the drivers,but nothing changed,the aim button still isn't working properly,and the "invert x/y axis" solution it's not a good idea for me,i can't adjust to play that way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
kaply
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
This might be an issue where you're expecting the game to do something it's not set to do. In order to shoot with a controller you first have to enter aim mode which is using the [right stick], that will put you into aim mode and you'll see your character pull out the guns, then when you use the [right trigger] it will fire. I don't believe the game has anything set to [left trigger]. Note that if you want to continuously fire, you'll have to keep aiming with the [right stick]
kaply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
tharnefuin
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
I know how it works,that's not the case.my problem is the same Hazz-JB said.The left trigger(or whatever button mapped to aim)just makes Lara rapidly holster and unholster weapons...what makes impossible aim or shoot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #8
brainfreze
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaply View Post
This might be an issue where you're expecting the game to do something it's not set to do. In order to shoot with a controller you first have to enter aim mode which is using the [right stick], that will put you into aim mode and you'll see your character pull out the guns, then when you use the [right trigger] it will fire. I don't believe the game has anything set to [left trigger]. Note that if you want to continuously fire, you'll have to keep aiming with the [right stick]
Pretty much this. I was having the same issue as the OP. You just have to use the Right analog stick to aim and then the RT trigger will work.

And i am using the Xbox 360 controller.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
tharnefuin
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfreze View Post
Pretty much this. I was having the same issue as the OP. You just have to use the Right analog stick to aim and then the RT trigger will work.

And i am using the Xbox 360 controller.
my bad,you were right guys,thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
Reinholder
 
Banned
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 286
Posts: 195
OK, I'm obviously missing something here; I'm trying to dictate gun direction by using the right stick, which largely does nothing apart from physically move my right stick left and right; right trigger is non responsive. Would anyone care to school me on what I'm doing wrong please?
Reinholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
Ansive
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 60
Posts: 763
Change the gamepad axes setting. Restart the game after the change. (I'm currently on z axis z rotation)
I think that did the trick with a logitech controler.

Last edited by Ansive: 02-12-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Ansive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
Reinholder
 
Banned
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 286
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansive View Post
Change the gamepad axes setting. Restart the game after the change. (I'm currently on z axis z rotation)
I think that did the trick with a logitech controler.
Didn't help; I'm currently using an xbox 360 controller and wireless receiver.
Reinholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.