Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bloody Good Time

Old 12-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
Rustybobo

Banned
Need more peoples to play

Game is pretty funny, more peoples should play this online!

And its only 5$
Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
rustydog

I agree.

maybe more people will over the holidays.

A free weekend from steam would really help.
rustydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Rustybobo

Banned
Yeah considering this game work on the source engine, that have dedicated server and modder tools available, it should be as popular as tf2.

It need more advertising.
Rustybobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
OrangeNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybobo View Post
Yeah considering this game work on the source engine, that have dedicated server and modder tools available, it should be as popular as tf2.

It need more advertising.
Only that TF2 is constantly updating and has much more content.
I think there should be more content (custom maps...) and then people will come P:
Also I agree about the advertising, I only heard about this game when a friend played it and I asked him S:
OrangeNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
Menacia

indeed this game is fun. more fun that i'd ever had thought.
Hopefully it will get more popular
Menacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
stewsta

If there were a free weekend, I'd need to be running more than 4 servers :P
stewsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #7
rustydog

Shattered horizon has had a few free weekends that really draw people in but the player count soon drops.

Be nice if steam or ubi did a free weekend with a sale I think a lot of people would stick around .

Ive done almost all I can do to get people in by hosting servers and giving a few servers away for free to others (which I am still open to do).

a couple of the servers I gave to people do draw in a crowd when they join with thier friends.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
Half Kill

As far as I know there is no official sdk nor will there be. In the user agreement for ubisoft it says something about no modifications on the product.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
Mexicutioner

Game is very fun, extremely well polished for a $5 game. The game-play is very unique aswell, it's unlike any fps you'll ever play.
Mexicutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #10
dracoblue

but short lived
dracoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #11
rustydog

as sad as it is it was fun while it lasted.

Havent seen people playing in long time .
Old 12-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
HAvOXZ

I play bloody good time every day at 4:30 pm hoping people will join me...
They never do
HAvOXZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #13
Red Cloud

Hey folks,

Yeah, this is pretty tragic, it's had a shorter shelf-life than The Ship, ironic given at least twice as much was spent on making it, and despite the amount of polish that went into it (The Ship was very rough & ready).

Another irony is that in theory PC gamer are doing a review etc for their December issue, at this rate the game will be dead before it's even reviewed! Surely that's a gaming first?! :P

Unfortunately, among many other errors, such as not enough content (3 maps?! - their attitude was who cares about replayability?!), no promise of SDK or more content, Ubisoft also chose not to market the game, as well as to release it 20 days before Assassins Creed 2, despite it being finished months before November. No marketing means no players.

The irony is that OL did more to market The Ship than Ubisoft did to market BGT. For instance, OL did previews and interviews for The Ship (which came out before and during release), as well as doing a PR campaign which althouh cheap targetted hundreds of websites in different countries. In effect, Ubi insulted the reviewing community by not providing CD keys in advance of release. By contrast OL used to host games for the press to play, co-ordinating with our own team to ensure they had some fun playing it.

If I didn't know better, I'd say they wanted it to fail. Go figure.

I guess they did get some good ideas for AC2 from us, but I refuse to buy AC2 out of principle, although I am curious if any ideas made it from us to AC2.

Also, as they effectively finished off Outerlight, there's no OL website or BGT forums to act as a focal point for players who want to play the game.

At least it got to see the light of day & some of you enjoyed it while it lasted.

Maybe some of these magazine reviews which may or may not be coming out will bring in some players.

Bloody hearbreaking, and a Bloody Appalling Time.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bloody Good Time