Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Street Fighter IV

Old 12-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
pallenda

hope you enjoy my 10 euros, because I wont buy more

I'm SO fed up with all this having to login to an microsoft games account, and on top having to update it to LIVE, and being asked to download silverlight.

I buy games because:

1. I don't want to have to log in several places.
2. I don't want several accounts.
3. I don't want to spend valueable time upgrading accounts just because you were to lazy to make it work with the steam system in an easy way.

Had this same crap with GTA 4...

Old 12-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Krackatoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallenda View Post
I'm SO fed up with all this having to login to an microsoft games account, and on top having to update it to LIVE, and being asked to download silverlight.

I buy games because:

1. I don't want to have to log in several places.
2. I don't want several accounts.
3. I don't want to spend valueable time upgrading accounts just because you were to lazy to make it work with the steam system in an easy way.

Had this same crap with GTA 4...
Microsoft doesn't want anything to do with Steam, so they have their own system in GFWL titles. Not a lot you can do about it, except not buy anything running under GFWL.
Krackatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
Zombie.Crusher

thats new to me that you have to download silverlight to play windows live games.
Zombie.Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 AM   #4
armabe

Banned
I don't understand what the problem with GFWL is...
I have 3 games I actively play (BB:CT, SF4, DoW2) which use GFWL.
I've had no issues. I've had to update twice I think (since mid-summer). And it was quick and easy.

I think people are just spoilt most of the time
armabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
pallenda

there is no problem with GFWL, its just silly that when you already have signed in at Steam that has a nice system tracking achivements ect. that you then also have to log into GFWL.

And sure if you have 3 games you play all the time that uses GFWL, but what if you have 50+ that uses Steam, where only 2 need you to sign in on some 3rd party service. That's what is annoying.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #6
armabe

Banned
Set it to log in automatically. Problem solved.
armabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
VividNinjaScar

Quote:
there is no problem with GFWL, its just silly that when you already have signed in at Steam that has a nice system tracking achivements ect. that you then also have to log into GFWL.

And sure if you have 3 games you play all the time that uses GFWL, but what if you have 50+ that uses Steam, where only 2 need you to sign in on some 3rd party service. That's what is annoying.
Steam is the extra DRM in this case. Both retail and other digital distributors all use GFWL. It is the multiplayer framework, achievement system, and the friend/stat tracking system. Making a unique version just for Steam would not only seperate the communtiy, but it wouldn't be a worthy investment.

Look what happened with Lost Planet 2. Due to a patching error digital coustomers couldn't play with retail. The game pratically died after the first week because of it, despite being really ing good. Splitting communities is the fastest way to kill a game.
VividNinjaScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
Krackatoa

Quote:

Not Steam's fault: They don't dictate what kind of DRM and matchmaking hosting is in place.

Capcom's fault: They didn't want to do their own hosting or recode their multiplayer, so they licensed use of GFWL, which does all of that. It could also likely have been mandatory due to previous licensing contracts relating to the 360 version, or were experimenting with cross-platform play. This is just guessing on my part.

Not really Microsoft's fault: They just license out their . They're only guilty of having a really ing awful UI, a buggy updater, a serious lack of international support and sucking so much donk.

While I know it sucks, what you're asking for is a digital distribution and game-hosting monopoly, which is bad. Steam is great because it tries it's best to show the other businesses what they suck so hard at. If there were no other options, Steam would likely stop pushing the envelope.
Krackatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #9
pallenda

I know it could end up with Steam monopoly, but I bought it on Steam so I already chose where I want my profile.

Oh well, can't win them all.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #10
jasonbecker83

why this threatening "tone"? Do u realize that this is only a consequence of your actions? U can clearly see in the store page that SF4 requires gfwl...but no...u bought the game and then u came here to whine...
also game is worth 10€(i bought it on the thanksgiving sales too), i'm really happy with it...and well gfwl may suck...but it's not included as some kind of hidden software...
jasonbecker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
Jhun

The only problem I have with GFWL is that it doesn't update properly for me. So whenever an update comes out I have to go to the site and re-download the client.
Jhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:06 AM   #12
Walnuts

This port is a ing piece of and a total waste of money. Never ever buying a port from Capcom ever, ever again.

Enjoy my 10 bucks ers, like OP said, you're not getting anymore of it.
Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Street Fighter IV