Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Twin Sector

Old 12-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
AnubisArc999

Banned
Finished Twin Sector for the first time!

I just finished playing though Twin Sector for the first time, and I would have to say that the overall experience was rather enjoyable. Steam reports I got 10.9 hours out of this game so far. I am sure I will play though this game again someday.

It is true that it is a difficult game and can be very frustrating at time, but overall my enjoyment out-ranked my frustration.

My only real complaint would be the load times for if you die then hit the quick load button. Other then that, it is possible to get through this game and its hard points.

Some of the little things that I really like about this game:

1) I liked all the characters a lot: Ashley, Kevin, and Oscar (models and/or personalities).
2) I enjoyed the voice actors for both Ashley and Oscar. Ashley voice is soothing and pleasant on the ears. Oscar's voice fits perfect for the role he ends up playing.
3) The background story of being stuck underground due to the world having "gone to hell" makes the entire game feel kind of castrophoic which fits the mood of the game.
4) The water containers were just very cool looking, as were the level textures in general. Also using the water containers to put out fires was neat.

So again I want to thank DnS Devs and say I enjoyed this game.

Last edited by AnubisArc999: 12-05-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
MADDOGGE

I'm still trying to finish it. One of the most frustrating games I have ever played since Mario. Whats so bad is I like it. I just wish the game had more polish to the game mechanics. I can't stand more than a hour at a time before I have to put it on the shelve for a while.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
AnubisArc999

Banned
It did take me a couple of session, each about 1-2 hours, so about the same I think.

I also refered to video/text walkthroughs about 5-8 times, basically whenever I got stuck at one place for way too long and couldn't figure it out myself. The walkthroughs helped a lot a think.
AnubisArc999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
woolerland

i doubt that you will return but if you do, can you tell me what pc components you have, i'm having trouble to run the game. p.s. my pc is is definnitely over the recommended spec.
woolerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
MADDOGGE

Don't know what Anubis has but I'm running:

Phenom 9600 quad 2.3 Ghz
Win7 64
Nvidia 8800GT 512MB
4 GB ram

Runs very well for me.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
AnubisArc999

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolerland View Post
i doubt that you will return but if you do, can you tell me what pc components you have, i'm having trouble to run the game. p.s. my pc is is definnitely over the recommended spec.
I know what you mean about people that don't usually re-visit a game forum after they are done with a game, but I try to re-visit forums for games I enjoyed a lot to help others with it.

Intel Quad Q8200 2.3Ghz
Win Vista (ew)
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ew)
4GB Ram
AnubisArc999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
woolerland

cheers, it must be some sort of bug, i'll run around the internet to find a solution.

i just mean't it like that because you posted this thread a month ago.
woolerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #8
tibnew

Finished this game yesterday and i should say i really enjoyed it) Yes, there are some frustrating moments in the end when u just cant go near those turrets without being killed but after some time when u finish it u get even more satisfaction)
tibnew is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Twin Sector