Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Chime

Old 12-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Reptar

pointless treasure hunt

I bought this game on xbox already and I know less money goes to the charity with the pc version so in a one pound sale you are talking about pennies going to charity, so yes I did just buy it for the treasure hunt. I wont post any information regarding the error because at this point its useless to think that something might be done in time, and I know from experience that games with a history of being buggy on steam never get fully fixed (its my own fault for not checking the forum).

Valve employee 1: So here is a great idea lets have a treasure hunt where players have to set a score in a game to win a prize.

Valve employee 2: great idea but it should be a game with well documented bugs which would prevent a lot of people from being able to complete it.

Valve employee 1:

Valve employee 2:

*hugs*

it might only be a pound but I feel like I have been conned and all this has done is make me less likely to buy anything else in the sale, not cool valve, not cool. /rant
Old 12-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
damaged

I don't know what you're getting at, but the game works flawlessly for me (save for a bad loop seam).

Perhaps you want to post the details of your system and the nature of your problem?
damaged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Kirkpad

Derp derp. Are your video card drivers updated? Does the game even meet your system requirements? Mine is working perfectly fine, on a crappy integrated chipset using Windows 7 64-bit.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
stinkfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
I bought this game on xbox already and I know less money goes to the charity with the pc version so in a one pound sale you are talking about pennies going to charity, so yes I did just buy it for the treasure hunt. I wont post any information regarding the error because at this point its useless to think that something might be done in time, and I know from experience that games with a history of being buggy on steam never get fully fixed (its my own fault for not checking the forum).

Valve employee 1: So here is a great idea lets have a treasure hunt where players have to set a score in a game to win a prize.

Valve employee 2: great idea but it should be a game with well documented bugs which would prevent a lot of people from being able to complete it.

Valve employee 1:

Valve employee 2:

*hugs*

it might only be a pound but I feel like I have been conned and all this has done is make me less likely to buy anything else in the sale, not cool valve, not cool. /rant
Works great for me!

Did the whining make you feel better? I love how your computer failure equates a conspiracy theory.

Why is it that every thread like this is created by a member of the entitlement generation?

Coincidence, I think not!

Derp Derp
stinkfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
Reptar

@damaged What I am getting at is that this forum is filled with people who cant even get the game to start up and it looks like the same problems have persisted practically since the launch date. Now valve had to have known that by including the game in the sale a lot of people would buy this game and never be able to play it since a fix doesn't exactly seem likely at.. well any point in the future and I am slightly upset about that.

@Kirkpad currently using xfx4870 and am quietly confident that I meet the min specs.

@stinkfingerWhy I paid money for a product, I feel entitled to the product which I paid money for wouldn't you? and yes I bought it for the treasure hunt I already own it on xbox so what other reason would I have for getting it on steam?

derp derp as you say.
Reptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
damaged

These forums (all of them, not just this one) are usually filled with the negative, since people who do not have issues rarely find themselves on here, it's true with any game.

Right now, you have someone offering to help you with your problems, but if you'd rather focus on posting about how you're upset, so be it, I guess I'm just the type that would rather do something about it.

Good luck.
damaged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
Reptar

I have already seen my problem posted multiple times on the forum no fix is available as yet, and while I am happy that you would offer to help (the derp derp comment was not aimed at you btw) even if you find a solution by the time I get the game working there wont be much of a point, I might as well just go back to the xbox version.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
stinkfinger

Dude I was regarding the "imagined conversion" between the Steam employees that painted your conspiracy theory.

Being that you purchased the game, for whatever reason, I'd agree you are entitled to play it.

Yet as damaged said, unless we have an indication of the actual problem, your post comes across as...well kinda pointless.

Your words indicate you already have it figured out in your head what the answers are, and in the same light have all but thrown your hands up because you deem nobody can help at this point.

The title of the post is misleading, you actually talk about a specific game problem (whatever it is) as opposed to the actual "hunt" being pointless.

There is no logical connection between the nature of the contest and your technical problem.

That being said, perhaps you have already verified the game cache and/or reinstalled?
stinkfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
Reptar

Yes I tried uninstalling then reinstalling, the advice given by the dev team in the issues and bugs thread and from various other users even if they seemed unrelated to the problem, is it not understandable that I am at the point where I have just given up?

I don't really think the thread title is misleading, I bought the game for the treasure hunt but the game doesn't work therefore the hunt is rather pointless for me. I should be clear that I would absolutely not have posted if I had not gotten to this point, it was a rant which to be perfectly honest I was expecting to get locked right away. Its funny I have posted on the steam forums several times genuinely asking for help and have either been outright ignored or had my thread locked, but when I come on here and post something that probably could get me banned I get someone offering help.

Look I am tired, I have had a bad day and I am just going to go to bed, I guess I will check back in a few days to see if the devs post an update or something but can we just leave it at that.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
Kirkpad

Well, did you check the help thread? The one that tells you things like... reinstalling Windows Media Player 11?

EDIT: Ah, I guess you did check.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #11
zeroskill

Banned
Derp derp nerp derp nerp nerp de derp die derp die derp die derp
zeroskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
scrazen

If you want the treasure hunt point just send in a postcard for the alternate entry. problem solved.
scrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #13
stillwater78

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrazen View Post
If you want the treasure hunt point just send in a postcard for the alternate entry. problem solved.
Postcard? What postcard? I did a ctrl-f on the treasure hunt page but couldn't find anything about a postcard. What did I miss?
stillwater78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #14
scrazen

http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt

read the fine print at bottom about alternate entry. Also, I should have said note card, not postcard.

Last edited by scrazen: 12-07-2010 at 09:03 PM.
scrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #15
elixenie

Thumbs down

I love how you guys never got him to say what the bloody problem was.

Don't send a notecard. They only do that because in the land of the free we need laws to protect us from contests which are not in compliance with edicts handed down by the Ministry of Contests.

Go to a friend's house, log into your Steam account, and play the game on his computer. Make sure he doesn't sneak a look while you're typing your secret password.
elixenie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Chime