Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
kivan121

Pilots or ARMA2, recomend me a Joystick

Hey Arma2 community, namely pilots and those with joysticks.

I am looking for a good joystick that is both affordable (£30-50 mark) and works with windows7, as i find controling the heli's and aircraft in Arma 2 a bit fidly

Look forward to your posts

Edit: damn it, title is sopsoed to be "Pilots of arma2"
Double edit: i put it in the unlooked at mass of subforums that is Arma2, this is more of a general question, so please admin, delete this thread, as im going to post a clone in the general forum

Last edited by kivan121: 12-09-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Mplayer OG

Found this on craigslist locally for $100 US.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-327-_-Product

Used ones tend to go fairly cheap.

Since you said roughly 50 Euros ($80 US these days?)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-003-_-Product

It's cheap, effective and it worked fine for the year or so I was using it. No point in pushing the price up if you are going to stay in the same range of quality. The next logical step up is into the rudder/force-feedback territory.

To be honest, I've reverted back to keyboard/mouse. Keyboard for flight controls, mouse for free-look/head movement. I'll switch to mouse for precision aiming on ground targets from time to time.

Now if I would stop being lazy and buy a track-ir I might dust off the old stick (that's what she said). I hear track-ir+joystick=ARMA flying heaven.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
MrSibghat

I rule at flying helis,with a mouse and keyboard!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
Patrone1965

good and affordable - the Hotas X from Thrustmaster - 65 € including a copy HAWX2, or 45 € without HAWX2 - enough buttons, a seperate throttle slider, 5 analogue axis - great for flying and driving

(I just tried my old Microsoft Sidewinder 2 FFB together with the throttleslider of the Hotas X - very nice combination - as the Sidewinder 2 is one of the most precise sticks ever produced)

PS: I use trackir too - works great in Arma
Old 12-11-2010, 05:59 AM   #5
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrone1965 View Post
good and affordable - the Hotas X from Thrustmaster - 65 € including a copy HAWX2, or 45 € without HAWX2 - enough buttons, a seperate throttle slider, 5 analogue axis - great for flying and driving

(I just tried my old Microsoft Sidewinder 2 FFB together with the throttleslider of the Hotas X - very nice combination - as the Sidewinder 2 is one of the most precise sticks ever produced)

PS: I use trackir too - works great in Arma
I second this, i have the Hotas X from Thrustmaster (got it free, so it was a double win for me!) and it's working great
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead