Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 12-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
subtastic

Civ 5 Hall of Fame total failure

Greetings,

I'm really enjoying civ 5, but one disappointing aspect is
that my Hall of Fame simply doesn't work. On the complete game screen, it shows up that "I have not completed any games."
This has happened on 3 full game victories at different difficulty levels, settings, and forms of victory etc. I'm not using cheats, playing non-modded games and I'm earning the steam achievements, but my HoF is totally blank. The second picture shows the problem I'm having. Please help! Thanks!
Screenshots of the error when I beat the game:
(pic 1 shows the usual beat the game screen, pic 2 shows the error)
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9726/hof1.jpg

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5245/hof2g.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
Stexred

try this go to your my documents/my games and delete the Sid Meier's Civilization 5 folder (back it up first to another hd or directory)

and then start civ 5 and beat the game hopefully it works then
Stexred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
subtastic

thanks Stexred,

I'll give that a shot, I considered deleting all local files on steam/reinstalling, but I'm hosting a multiplayer game with a buddy of mine that we've been playing slowly, about twice a week. Once we finish the game, I'll clear out that folder.
subtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
subtastic

just a followup, the advised solution fixed everything and now my hall of fame works fine. Thanks Stexred!
subtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Mikromanaxas

What worked three years ago unfortunately doesn't work now, at least not for me. Exact same problem, and it remains after recreating the Civ5 folder.
Mikromanaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #6
muziqaz

Yeah, I redownloaded the game after several years. It used to work then, but now I just finished a game and it does not show up.
Typical firaxis or 2k even after so many years since release it has numerous bugs
muziqaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #7
kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtastic View Post
Greetings,

I'm really enjoying civ 5, but one disappointing aspect is
that my Hall of Fame simply doesn't work. On the complete game screen, it shows up that "I have not completed any games."
This has happened on 3 full game victories at different difficulty levels, settings, and forms of victory etc. I'm not using cheats, playing non-modded games and I'm earning the steam achievements, but my HoF is totally blank. The second picture shows the problem I'm having. Please help! Thanks!
Screenshots of the error when I beat the game:
(pic 1 shows the usual beat the game screen, pic 2 shows the error)
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9726/hof1.jpg

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5245/hof2g.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Don't EDIT anything (including changing your name) at the customized screen when starting a new game. Its causes the hall of fame to stop working.

I just got the game few weeks ago and had the same problem. At first the hall of fame was working then something changed and stopped working. i tried all the things above and still didnt work. Then i got thinking of the things that i might have changed and sure enough it was the dumb edit button that i changed my name to my own instead of (washington) for america and so on. I deleted the civ 5 folder in my games and started civ 5 up again and everything is reset to default.

At least this was my problem, hope it works for anyone else that has same problem, even though this forum is couple years old. lol

Last edited by kevin: 01-20-2013 at 08:07 AM.
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series