Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Droplitz

Old 12-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
fussel

Calling shenanigans on treasure hunt

I am seriously jarateed, people.

1st, the game isn't localized properly.
Since the german locale uses different names for the levels to the english locale, I wasted most of the time playing the wrong levels because I was trying to unlock a field named "kleines Wunder" (small wonder), but upon finding (2nd), i found out its named "schnell ums eck gedacht" (quick thinking around the corner) instead!

2nd, %local% translation _ENFORCED_ without selector in game's nor steam options (like most other games use).
I did find the undocumented localization command line in this forum, but way to late to make a difference since...

3rd, leaderboards do not upload for me nor my friends judging by the empty window presented while trying to access the leaderboards.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
nholmes

Blitz 1UP
Leaderboards not uploading appears to be related to firewall settings - please make sure you add cascade.exe to the exceptions on your firewall in order for leaderboards to work correctly.

Localisation issues were fixed by a patch some time ago - can you please log out of steam and back in again and then force steam to update the game (right click on the game in steam and select properties then click the updates tab and and make sure "always keep this game up to date" is selected.

You can then click the local files tab and verify integrity of game cache.

If this does not fix the problem please try deleting your local files and re-downloading the game.
nholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:54 AM   #3
fussel

* I don't HAVE a firewall. And the router does not block any outgoing traffic
* It IS translated, but the translated name does NOT match the original in any way. Like saying apple and meaning avocado.
fussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
nholmes

Blitz 1UP
did you try the steps to verify your installation? This does sound like the pre-patch problem that was present with translations. It's possible that you simply don't have the patch applied for some reason.

I'm surprised to hear that you don't have a firewall - could you please let us know what OS you are running on?
nholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
fussel

windows xp sp 3. not having any trouble since this computer has been assembled in 2007.
also, i re-downloaded the game only for the treasurehunt. there are no missing translations, they're just wrong. If the treasure hunt would've announced the propper localized string, I'd not have any troubles besides the scoreboard as I would not have wasted the last 10 hours of the countdown to play and unlock the wrong fields.

Last edited by fussel: 12-13-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
GMS

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussel View Post
* I don't HAVE a firewall. And the router does not block any outgoing traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussel View Post
windows xp sp 3. not having any trouble since this computer has been assembled in 2007.
So, you have been watching the windows pop up saying your computer is not protected, for 3 years now?....

And any router, have some sort of security measures, even if its the most tiny/useless one.
GMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #7
fussel

I see that the treasure hunt did count my highscore. Nothing more to say imo as that was what I intended with this thread.

Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Droplitz