Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sam & Max series > Sam & Max: Season One

Old 12-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
CarnivoreAJ

Thumbs up 1 reason to play these games

*SPOILERS SORTA*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cON9WJ7iX2Y

*END OF SPOILERS*

These kind of conversations are what make this series great.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
williambeucler

Agreed! I just played through 101 yesterday for the 1st time, and the only reason I love it is for the dialog! The graphics are okay, the gameplay is okay, and the puzzles are not even challenging (more like an interactive movie), but the dialog is freaking hilarious!
williambeucler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
agentghost

i suppose u started this thread to invite newcomer to try the series.. and you have the youtube spoiler as a way to attract us who never try the story? O_O
agentghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
Planeforger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentghost View Post
i suppose u started this thread to invite newcomer to try the series.. and you have the youtube spoiler as a way to attract us who never try the story? O_O
There aren't any story spoilers in that clip. There's one costume spoiler, but it's no big deal.

Anyway, the dialogue is always outstanding in these games - the other things fluctuate (the presentation and gameplay got a heck of a lot better in the third season), but the comedy is strong enough that the other features don't really matter.
Planeforger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #5
Wolf Warhead

I'd been wondering whether the dialogue and style was still of the same level as Sam & Max Hit The Road. Doesn't look quite the same... But good enough to warrant a buy at this price.
Wolf Warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
Planeforger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Warhead View Post
I'd been wondering whether the dialogue and style was still of the same level as Sam & Max Hit The Road. Doesn't look quite the same... But good enough to warrant a buy at this price.
It fluctuates - I'd say that some episodes are even sharper than Hit the Road, while others are merely funny. Still, you'll definitely get many laughs out of the three seasons' 50ish hours.
Planeforger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sam & Max series > Sam & Max: Season One