Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion

Old 12-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #1
Greensleeves

Block all communication, how much does it work?

Hi all. I wanted to know, if I blocked all comunication with a person who is not in my contact list, is it possible that this person doesn't find me or see my nickname if I'm playing with friends we have in common?
The thing is like this. There is this girl. She has been stalking me. Im tired of her. She is always going into my versus, insulting, she goes to every group I go, even she got into the Clan jut to upset me. This is inside steam, outside steam she is stalking me on facebook, msn, mail. Getting my info without giving her. The thing is, we have friends in common. So, when i'm playing with them, and if she clicks on Game inf in any of them, she may see me, is that right?
I blocked all communication with her, so i want to know, how much does that work?
I know that it sounds stupid but she is always going wherever I go, runining my versus. And I'm tired of it. I changed my nickname, my pic and everything but she keeps finding me.
So, how effective is this "block all communication".

Old 12-20-2010, 04:58 AM   #2
Maledict21

The block all communication feature works only for the friends list. She will be able to see your status on your Community page as well as in the game info.
Maledict21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
Greensleeves

Answer 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledict21 View Post
The block all communication feature works only for the friends list. She will be able to see your status on your Community page as well as in the game info.
Yes, that's the big problem. So I guess I will have to put up with this situation. =(
Old 12-20-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
thejadefalcon

Can you report her to Valve? Hell, if the stalking is bad enough, you could probably skip Valve and go straight to the police.
thejadefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Greensleeves

Answer 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadefalcon View Post
Can you report her to Valve? Hell, if the stalking is bad enough, you could probably skip Valve and go straight to the police.
I don't think that your message is funny at all. For giving comments as such, then don't say a word. I wonder about I can do something with Steam, but she has been stalking me msn, facebook, twitter, and even got my phone number and keeps calling. So, is there anything wrong in NOT wanting her to know where i am playing?? Is it?? Cause I don't think so.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
Seth.Sekhmet

The only way to get away from her, in the online world, is to go Off The Grid.
This means getting new accounts for email, messenger, steam (and repurchase your games), avoid all contact with former online friends and never leave a trace about your former identity.

Or, you could confront her and ask her to stop or just ignore her. Eventually, she's gonna get bored.
Seth.Sekhmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
thejadefalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
I don't think that your message is funny at all. For giving comments as such, then don't say a word. I wonder about I can do something with Steam, but she has been stalking me msn, facebook, twitter, and even got my phone number and keeps calling. So, is there anything wrong in NOT wanting her to know where i am playing?? Is it?? Cause I don't think so.
What part of my comment implied I was being funny? No, really, what part?

I was honestly trying to help. Stalking is a serious crime, whether in real life or the internet. My sincerest apologies for trying to help with your problem.
thejadefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
BinMisc

After playing around with the block feature with some of my friends (to see what happens on the other end when someone is blocked) it seems the block feature only blocks you from communicating with them. Yes thats right. If you block someone, they do still see when you come on line and off line, what game you are in and playing, and they can still send you invites and messages. The only change is you no longer see them on your list and never get any of their messages or invites. Maybe our three accounts just happened to be buggy (probably not) but from what we could tell the only way to get a real block of communication was to de-friend them. It would be wonderful if steam would change this.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
Frigid

A real block all communication button should make your account completely invisible to the blocked person, just like Facebook.
Frigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #10
oli4579

delete common friends
delete facebook
make a new twitter
friends-only/private steam profile
buy a new sim card
make a new msn, import old trustworthy contacts

???
profit

Although it's quite a substantial measure on your side, it works. you'll have to weigh up if her "stalking" outweighs you deleting all your stuff etc
Old 02-07-2011, 05:09 AM   #11
lordfa9

change your steam nick, avatar and your id? or remove it completely so its just numbers
lordfa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:29 AM   #12
AlphaFox

Dont worry mate, she just fancies you.

Now thats out the way for what you wanted to hear, all blocking does is stop you getting messages from them. They can still send you messages and see that your online its just you cant see if they are online or get their messages.
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #13
jackpf

Block her, set profile to friends only, change your name and custom url. cy@. or just man up
jackpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
HalfbyHalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
He/she's trying to help you. Don't get in a hissy fit.
HalfbyHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #15
four_twenty

dude you need to that is if you can create a fake name on all of those and use em for a bit and as for your phone number im almost positive theres a block thing on it so you can block people if you dont have this give your phone company a call they will deal with her ever calling you again.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion