Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Twin Sector

Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
joel2007

Twin Sector Score?

The Metascore 49/100.
User Score 7.8/10.
What side should I believe? The game looks like portal + mirror edge + mass effect, right?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
MADDOGGE

Well it's complicated. The game is beautiful but very hard and frustrating at times trying to figure out what you are supposed to do or getting the physics puzzles to work properly. Other than that the game is great. This is one game I can only handle a 1/2 hour or so intervals at a time and I've been gaming since fire was invented. I have yet to finish it and have had it for 6 months but I enjoy it enough that I keep plugging away at it. One puzzle at a time.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
Mau1wurf1977

MADDOGGE sums it up niceley.

This is basically what happens when you don't game test with fresh people, but only with people involved in the project.

There are stages very early on in the game where you got a good idea of what to do. Then you try it and it doesn't work. So you try something else.

Then you look up a guide and it turns out it's something you already tried but somehow it just didn't work because you weren't standing right or holding the item the right way.

E.g. any other game usually clearly point out which tools should be used with which objects. This isn't the case in this game. E.g. level 2 you can only break glass from one side. Well how are you supposed to know that? That doesn't make any sense. If they would tell you that this is some special glass that has a weakness from one side only, well then you know that you should figure out a way to get to the other side and break it from there...

The first level you get held by your hand but then the help just stops and you wonder what you should do next...

I'm stuck in level 3 it's amazing. And I have played a lot of games!

The thing is this game could have been amazing. And it wouldn't have taken much to get there. Maybe a voice that gives you more clues or when you try something that should work, give you a hint that you aren't holding it the right way.

Last edited by Mau1wurf1977: 12-21-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Mau1wurf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
DnS-Dei

DnS Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau1wurf1977 View Post
MADDOGGE sums it up niceley.

E.g. any other game usually clearly point out which tools should be used with which objects. This isn't the case in this game. E.g. level 2 you can only break glass from one side. Well how are you supposed to know that? That doesn't make any sense. If they would tell you that this is some special glass that has a weakness from one side only, well then you know that you should figure out a way to get to the other side and break it from there...

I'm stuck in level 3 it's amazing. And I have played a lot of games!
Breaking glass should work and worked in tha past from both sides. Maybe you did not hit it hard enough or you have not used the right item, crates work very well...

There are some walkthroughs on youtube in case you really don't find the solution

Last edited by DnS-Dei: 12-22-2010 at 02:39 AM.
DnS-Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
Dave3d

Yep, I agree with maddogge.
I have had it for a long while now also, and am only at hour 7 or 8.
I am currently stuck, and have been for months.
Stupid turret gun keeps killing me no matter what I do.
I have seen the walkthrough, and KNOW what I am supposed to do, I just dont seem to be able to do it.

Are there any god mode cheats?
I would like to use it for just getting past this 1 turret.

Other than this spot, has been a rather interesting, out of the norm, game.
Dave3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
Mau1wurf1977

Well I'm at hour 6 now and slowly getting the hang of it!

One thing is odd that often when the voice talks to you, the game also gives you instructions in text. So you don't know which one to read / listen too ;P

Last edited by Mau1wurf1977: 12-22-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Mau1wurf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #7
Hi2u! Tw1TcH

Sounds interesting, will give this one a go.
Hi2u! Tw1TcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
Eravior

I recently beat it and I have to say it's one of the worst games I have ever played. It's a shame too. The demo definitely showed some promise so I gave it the benefit of a doubt and purchased it. Unfortunately it started to go downhill in only a few more levels and quickly picked up speed. I did manage to beat the game without help. Unless you count the Advil I had to take after each session. I'm not kidding either. It really is headache inducing.

If you spot the game developer's intended solution to a difficult problem you should keep looking around anyway. In several areas you can bypass puzzles entirely simply by taking advantage of the poor design. Bringing a container or two with you almost everywhere you go also helps quite a bit.
Eravior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
Hertston

I liked it. Twin Sector is far from perfect, but it kept me entertained. It's not Portal + Mirrors Edge + Mass Effect though.. although that's a game I'd LOVE to play!

As to reviews, user ones are usually more reliable. Some of the so-called professionals, particularly at Gamespot, have a huge negative bias towards anything in or leaning towards the 'adventure' genre, with even the very best games struggling to get halfway decent scores.

BTW,

Quote:
I recently beat it and I have to say it's one of the worst games I have ever played.
makes no sense at all. If you thought it that bad why finish it rather than play or do something else?

Last edited by Hertston: 04-06-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Hertston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Twin Sector