Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 12-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
Zonker

TWI: Any chance of exploit fixes for Santa's Lair before Jan 4?

I guess you are aware of the glitches actively exploited on the map, so I was wondering if there are any plans on updating Evil Santa's Lair during the holiday event? 2/3 of the games I joined the last two days on Suicidal or higher had half the team sitting in a glitched spot.

In fact, it became so annoying that I removed the map completely from the map rotation on our Suicidal and HoE servers because I can't monitor them 24/7. And I just don't want people on our servers possibly ruining the game for every normal player in the team just because they want some cheap kills or achievements.

But... it's rather silly not having the only holiday map during a holiday event. So, any official info about current patch plans would be much appreciated. :)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Zix

I'm sure they're on it, but I don't think the Jan 4th mark will be possible. I'd like to see this patched too though, hopefully it's sooner rather than later.
Zix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
steiner666

Oh ffs, it cant be THAT hard to patch. Just put something there to block the path.

lame cheaters. they really do ruin it all. Me and a couple other legit players are fighting like mad to survive while exploiting sissies are having a blast... standing around all wave.
steiner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
Rafael-FX

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiner666 View Post
Oh ffs, it cant be THAT hard to patch. Just put something there to block the path.

lame cheaters. they really do ruin it all. Me and a couple other legit players are fighting like mad to survive while exploiting sissies are having a blast... standing around all wave.
Kick them, always works.

edit: actually I just stopped playing the santa map.
Rafael-FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
Zonker

It got really, really bad. No chance to find one HoE server without people sitting in the same glitch spots. There are even the first "24/7 Evil Santa's Lair" HoE servers, just like with Doom and Defence on Suicidal some months ago. Those versions of the maps got blacklisted, so it's rather awkward to see an official map being exploited like that now.

I really hope you guys fix the map soon.
Zonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
Sharky'sMachine

They might possibly be on vacation. Updating a build of a map and putting it in a patch is not a 15 minute job either. They are probably going to hold off on it until they have more things to add to a patch, like the greylist revisions. The problem isn't gamebreaking and is entirely the fault of the players, nothing has forced them to exploit.

I have not seen a single person exploit in any of the Christmas rounds I've played. What killed that map for me was the new spawn lag collaborating with surprise spawns to kill the whole team in 5 seconds. I've actually seen whole groups pop out of thin air on top of the team (not dropping from the roof). Somehow the 1-2 seconds of freeze breaks the line-of-sight spawn rule.
Sharky'sMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
EllEzDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky'sMachine View Post
They might possibly be on vacation. Updating a build of a map and putting it in a patch is not a 15 minute job either. They are probably going to hold off on it until they have more things to add to a patch, like the greylist revisions. The problem isn't gamebreaking and is entirely the fault of the players, nothing has forced them to exploit.

I have not seen a single person exploit in any of the Christmas rounds I've played. What killed that map for me was the new spawn lag collaborating with surprise spawns to kill the whole team in 5 seconds. I've actually seen whole groups pop out of thin air on top of the team (not dropping from the roof). Somehow the 1-2 seconds of freeze breaks the line-of-sight spawn rule.
Actually, it's a gamebreaking bug. They won't be releasing a patch nor a future update. The map disappears after the 2nd or 4th of january.
EllEzDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
Zonker

Nah, it won't, see here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...9&postcount=13

My current guess would be they include fixes for the map when the game needs to be updated on the 4th to remove the christmas zeds. I'd really appreciate it if it would be done earlier, though. Otherwise that's almost two weeks of people glitch-grinding and others having a hard time finding public servers to play the event properly on higher difficulties.
Zonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
DarkLiberator

Yeah, the glitchers are mainly why I only play with friends.

Though if anyone wants a Hard+ no glitching game, send me a PM, I'm always looking for guys to play with.
DarkLiberator is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor