Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bully: Scholarship Edition

Old 12-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Snufkin

Angry Music Class 3 Broken?

Something's wrong with the later music classes in my game. Some of the notes in the 3rd lesson require pressing both left and right Alt at the same time, and no matter how many times I press them or with what timing, they don't register. Help!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
spyrochaete

Some keyboards don't register multiple keypresses. If your keyboard is plugged into the purple PS2 socket in your PC, maybe try USB instead.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Snufkin

This keyboard's a cordless keyboard with a USB receiver, so I'll have to dig up one of my spare PS2 or USB keyboards and try those. I'm not exactly optimistic about my prospects, though. MOST keyboards don't register dual alt key presses, outside of some expensive gaming keyboards and such.
Snufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
Snufkin

Yeah, that didn't work. I tried using this cordless keyboard using straight USB and then with a PS2 adapter. Then I plugged in an old PS2 keyboard to see if that would work any better, and it doesn't. I even tried using both simultaneously.

A quick look at a gamepad mapper shows the problem pretty quickly: If I hold down left alt, then it registers a left alt press, but won't register a right alt press until I let go of left alt, and vice versa. It DOES register a right alt release, though, which means that if I tap both buttons simultaneously, I'll get either this result:

Left Alt Press
Left Alt Release
Right Alt Release

Or this one:

Right Alt Press
Right Alt Release
Left Alt Release

depending on which got pressed a millisecond before the other one.

There has to be a way to map the two buttons to a different input instead of buying a $100 keyboard...

[EDIT] It turns out you can just barely pass this round even if you whiff all the double-alt presses. Hopefully the fourth and fifth classes will also be passable that way, because I don't see any other likely workarounds.

Last edited by Snufkin: 12-23-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Snufkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bully: Scholarship Edition