Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders

Old 12-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
siskavard

Play Heretic windowed ?

Hey gang, I picked up the Heretic/Hexen pack for NOSTALGIA BLAST (I love these games) but i was wondering how to get them to run in windowed mode, since the default seems to be full screen and I lost control of my mouse pointer. Have to exit the game to click anywhere else (I have a dual monitor system)

Thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Levelworm

Banned
Get a windows port (Zdoom, GZDoom, Skulltag, etc.). Zdoom is recommended for SP as it has a nostalgia graphic engine; Skulltag is good for MP.
Levelworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
siskavard

I'm not understanding what those programs are or do, I don't want to play Doom I want to play Heretic.

There has to be some way to enter custom window sizes in Dosbox, but dosbox seems to autorun and doesn't give you time to enter anything.
siskavard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
The Unbeholden

ZDOOM is for not only Doom 1 and 2, but also for Heretic and Hexen, and Strife.

http://zdoom.org/Download

It allows customization for the game, in a nice and easy way. You can customize everything in the game, from even the smallest things. Even enable mouse look.

The file doesn't require any installation, it automatically finds the game, even if its in steam, and play it through the file.

Supposedly it also increases the FPS by double, enhances the resolution of textures so that they are more clear... and you can choose to play in windowed mode.

the only other way to customize the game from what I know is going into the base folder, and clicking on SETUP.EXE ... its very limited and you can't really customize much. Theres a way to customize with dosbox.exe also, but it requires some effort, ZDOOM is the best choice.

Last edited by The Unbeholden: 01-20-2011 at 10:42 PM.
The Unbeholden is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders