Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, The

Old 12-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
emmzee

Thumbs down Still crashing ...

I know this game is selling for only $0.49 right now, but I still feel a little ripped off when I try to run the game and it won't even start (it just crashes/closes/minimizes as soon as I click play) and then check the forums and see that this has been an issue for months.

I've tried everything I have found on the forums and everything I can think of but nothing makes any difference. After browsing the forums here and elsewhere I've seen people using XP, Vista, and Win7 having the same problem, and it's both people with old and new PCs having issues too. It's just a bit frustrating when it seems like the developers don't care about their customers.

To anyone thinking of buying this game: I know it's only $0.49 but just be aware that there's a good chance you'll be stuck with nothing after buying this game. Too bad cuz I was interested in trying it! (I had never heard of it until I saw it on Steam's big sale.)

Old 12-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
moizeus

yeah I know.Today I bought WinterBottom and the monkey island pack. and none of them are starting. Is anyone having any more problem with any new bought games? Am using Windows 7
moizeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Grimhound

Aside from occasional long load times, I've had no issues. My rig runs a Q6600 and an HD4850 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit edition. Post your system stats if you expect help.
Grimhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
emmzee

I don't really expect help, given all of the other messages I've read and stuff I've tried, I was mostly just venting. I will try this game on my desktop when I get back home (I'm using my older LG laptop right now) and hopefully it'll work there.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
Egomaster

Crashes on start on my XP computer; it works fine on my vista notebook.
Egomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
Pliqu3011

Does anyone have a solution for this already? I've tried installing it on 3 different pc's and it didn't work anywhere. I know it cost me just under a buck but I still want to play it soooo badly... T_T
Old 04-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
AgingHobo

Winterbottom doesn't crash with me but it gets stuck during the intro, right after the first part where you fall with your umbrella and have to grab the pies. It just freezes up and I have to exit through my task manager. Is there a way to fix this?
AgingHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #8
glockjs

i bought this game a looong time ago i think i got it to work once for like 15 min and that's it. i check every so often when i update my vid drivers but still the same thing. steam says loading...then...crash
glockjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #9
PurSpyk!!

Too many poorly supported games are released on Steam, and we cannot get any refunds, madness.
PurSpyk!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #10
Mushe

Banned
Me too. I've got this game in my 2 desktop pc's (Both Windows 7 Ultimate) and the game works fine, but in my netbook (Windows XP Professional) the game opens, makes a "ding" (sound of Windows) and closes :S.
Mushe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
Haggis&Tatties

Ok does this game still crash or has that issue been resolved since these posts were made......no point, even when its on sale, buying a game if its unplayable.
Haggis&Tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
Cwagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis&Tatties View Post
Ok does this game still crash or has that issue been resolved since these posts were made......no point, even when its on sale, buying a game if its unplayable.
I'd like to know as well. Seems like a fun little game and $1.69 is hard to turn down, but not if it doesn't work.
Cwagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
ElfShotTheFood

It runs fine for me on Windows 7 64-bit.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #14
Fargi

It's dependent on your rig rather than a universal problem. Some people run it with no issues (myself, for example), while others can't get it to run at all. Honestly, the only way to know for sure which camp you're in is to buy it and find out. It's a really great little game, and at it's current price, I'd recommend getting it even if there is a chance that it won't work, because the payoff if it does work is just amazing.
Fargi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #15
Cwagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargi View Post
It's dependent on your rig rather than a universal problem. Some people run it with no issues (myself, for example), while others can't get it to run at all. Honestly, the only way to know for sure which camp you're in is to buy it and find out. It's a really great little game, and at it's current price, I'd recommend getting it even if there is a chance that it won't work, because the payoff if it does work is just amazing.
Is there no common issue like doesn't work on AMD cards or doesn't work with Vista? Even at $1.69, I'm not big on rolling the dice.
Cwagmire is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, The