Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dragon Age series > Dragon Age Origins

Old 12-26-2010, 04:54 AM   #1
FireflyPoi

Lightbulb Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition - Unauthorized DLC - Fix / Solution

Okay, some of you have been having the problem like a lot of others, that once you've installed Ultimate Edition, and registered your Key and DLC Key to your BioWare account, half / all your DLC was coming up as Unauthorized when you were in game (like me), and like me you were probably getting pretty annoyed about it.

I tried logging in and out a few times, restarting steam, re-registering the key to my BioWare account (which didnt work anyway), and then I came across this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Ste View Post
For everyone who is having problems with the DLC on the ultimate edition - I have the answer. I was told what to do by a friend of mine who had the same problem and his worked straight away, didn't thing the same would work for me but gave it a try anyway.

hopefully it will work for everyone else too.

find your dragon age folder, you may have saved it else where but this is how I find mine.

C:\Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ dragon age ultimate edition

once your in there find the file that says REDIST should be near the bottom, once in there run the file that says DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML_Steam when that finishes run the other file called DAUServiceSetup_Steam, when both have finished start up your dragon age ultimate and hopefully everything should be working.
This worked perfectly for me, so I hope this post will help a few other people having the same issue to fix their unauthorized DLC's too.

To make the steps even simpler....

Install Ultimate Edition and make sure you have registered both your CD Keys to your BioWare account. If you have, you will have quite a long list of DLC for Dragon Age somewhere on your BioWare account login.

Navigate to "Steam\steamapps\common\dragon age ultimate edition\redist\"

Run file - DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML_Steam.exe

then,

Run file - DAUServiceSetup_Steam.exe

Start your Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, log into your BioWare account at the bottom left of the main menu, and then check your Downloadable Content to see if it's been authorized.

And you're done! Hopefully now all your DLC will be authorized.

Hope this helps a few people like it did me, and a big thank you to Warlord Ste for posting the solution that worked for me in the first place.

Happy Gaming!

xx

Edit:

The reason this happens is improper installation timing on Steams end.

The two files I mentioned in step 3 run when you install the game for the first time, BUT you aren't prompted to register your DLC to your BioWare account until AFTER these two files have run. So, as the DLC check runs when you install, it picks up all your DLC as unregistered, because you havn't yet logged into your BioWare account (or for fresh installs, registered your CD Keys yet)

So, the DLC authorization checker picks up all your DLC as unregistered because of this.

This wouldn't be much of a problem if you were prompted to register your DLC keys before the installation process of Ultimate Edition (and likely other DLC / Expansions) was set up differently, but at least from what I can gather, it's just poor choice of installation queuing on steams install processing for the game.

Last edited by FireflyPoi: 12-26-2010 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Expanded information.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
Gracielo

As I answered you before. Not working
Old 12-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
FireflyPoi

Just make sure you follow the steps in order. Make sure Dragon Age isn't running, make sure you've fully registered all your DLC content to your BioWare account first, then run the two files in Step 3, you have to run both of them, one after the other, and let them finish, before you start up Dragon Age, then log into your BioWare account at the bottom left of the main menu, then check your DLC. As long as you do it in that order, it 'should' work, but you HAVE to be logged into your BioWare account in-game for your DLC to activate.

Make sure you've registered all your DLC by logging into your BioWare account, highlight Profile on the left, and click on Your registered game promotions. Once your there (link to page here), you should have a long list of Dragon Age DLC's, if you don't, then yours aren't registered to your account yet. If you do, and your having issues with Dragon Age saying they're unauthorized, have another go at the steps above, and make sure to follow them in exact order.

If that still doesn't work, then I have no idea as it worked perfectly for me first time. :/
Old 12-26-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
Gracielo

I have done all this. Still unauthorized in the game.I even shut down my firewall to see if there is the mistake. Thanks for your time and effort, maybe I am just doomed.

Deine registrierten Spielinhalte
E-Mail-Adresse: ********
Xbox Spielertag(s): Nicht vorhanden
PSN Name(n): Nicht vorhanden

Titel Game Platform Herunterladen
Blood Dragon Armor Mass Effect 2
PC/Mac Herunterladen
Blood Dragon Armor
Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360
Witchcraft (for Origins)
Dragon Age: Origins
PC/Mac More Info - PC
Golem's Might (for Origins)
PC/Mac More Info - PC
Witchcraft (for Awakening)
PC/Mac More Info - PC
The Darkspawn Chronicles
PC/Mac More Info - PC
More Info - Mac
Golem's Might (for Awakening)
PC/Mac More Info - PC
Blightblood (for Awakening)
PC/Mac More Info - PC
Battledress of the Provocateur (for Awakening)
PC/Mac More Info - PC
The Golems of Amgarrak Dragon Age: Origins
PC/Mac More Info -
PC
More Info - Mac
Feastday Pranks
PC/Mac ---
Blood Dragon Armor
PC/Mac ---
Return to Ostagar
PC/Mac More Info - PC
More Info - Mac
The Stone Prisoner
PC/Mac ---
Warden's Keep Dragon Age: Origins PC/Mac ---
Witch Hunt Dragon Age: Origins PC/Mac More Info - PC
Download (stand-alone) - PC
More Info - Mac
Battledress of the Provocateur (for Origins)
Dragon Age: Origins PC/Mac More Info - PC
Leliana's Song Dragon Age: Origins
PC/Mac More Info - PC
More Info - Mac
Blightblood (for Origins)
PC/Mac More Info - PC
Feastday Gifts
PC/Mac ---
Old 12-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #5
FireflyPoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracielo View Post
I have done all this. Still unauthorized in the game.I even shut down my firewall to see if there is the mistake. Thanks for your time and effort, maybe I am just doomed
I guess you could try restarting steam, then run the 2 files in step 3 and try Ultimate Edition again? Just make sure you've run those 2 files in step 3 (with admin privileges if vista/7), then run Ultimate Edition, log into your BioWare at the main menu and check your DLC again? Apart from that I really have no idea what else could be stopping your DLC from activating, sorry.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #6
Gracielo

Well done this now about 6 times ^^

I looked at the details from the DAUServiceSetup_Steam.exe:

Path=c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\dragon age ultimate edition
Language=en
Checking service status: DAUpdaterSvc
Service State=Stopped
Service DAUpdaterSvc already exists
Creating service: DAUpdaterSvc
- error rc=-1; CreateService string=Failed to Create the service. (1072)
Checking status: DAUpdaterSvc
Service State=Stopped
Calling AddFirewallException
AddFirewallException result: Ok
Completed

Is that telling anyone anything?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
SSJ4Bejiita

Have you tried running services.msc and starting Dragon Age Origins - Content Updater manually? That did the trick for me.
SSJ4Bejiita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
Gracielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4Bejiita View Post
Have you tried running services.msc and starting Dragon Age Origins - Content Updater manually? That did the trick for me.
First there was no entry but after a reboot of my system it appeared. That did the trick. Thanks everyone for the fast help
Old 12-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #9
FireflyPoi

No problem, glad we could all help
Old 12-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #10
Sonci

Thank you! I did this and then logged in and out of my EA account and all was well! +rep for you!
Sonci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
davidbennett

Great investigation FireflyPoi, running this DAUServiceSetup_Steam.exe worked for me -- though I had to manually start the Updater service in services.msc.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #12
FireflyPoi

Yay for being able to help ^_^
Old 12-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
Anxa

Edit: If you try everything listed here (including the reboot), be sure to log out and back in in-game one more time. That was the last step in the fix before it worked for me.

Last edited by Anxa: 12-26-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Problem solved
Old 12-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #14
s3ngaija

did not work for me. still unauthorized.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #15
Zeon_1992

Same here. I have done those steps 4 times now, restarted my computer twice and re-registered my CD key.
Zeon_1992 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dragon Age series > Dragon Age Origins