Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 12-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Boomgoesthedino

mods with stalker cop threw steam?

Okay so i bought stalker for the 1st time threw steam seeing how stalker cop was on sell. But how do you install mods with a steam version? I see no gamedata folder that you would but the mods on.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Jashin

Banned
through

you make your own gamedata folder, alotta mods come with it for you to drag and drop it in.
Jashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
marie pavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomgoesthedino View Post
I see no gamedata folder that you would but the mods on.
That's normal, just create one, if the mod doesn't create one when you extract/install.
marie pavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
Bad_Motha

Banned
You also have to open the FSGAME.LTX (with NOTEPAD) in the root STALKER folder and change this line so it looks like the one below, then save the file.

$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

This allows the game to use whatever files are present in a gamedata folder.

All this is done the same way, regardless of where you get STALKER series games from.
Retail, Steam, Direct2Drive, Games for Windows LIVE, etc.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
Boomgoesthedino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
You also have to open the FSGAME.LTX (with NOTEPAD) in the root STALKER folder and change this line so it looks like the one below, then save the file.

This allows the game to use whatever files are present in a gamedata folder.

All this is done the same way, regardless of where you get STALKER series games from.
Retail, Steam, Direct2Drive, Games for Windows LIVE, etc.

Okay I did all this. Now the game wont even start up. it just starts to load then stops. no error no nothing.

Last edited by Boomgoesthedino: 12-26-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #6
Cmdr Zoidberg

Its possible one of the mods you're trying to run is causing this. Move the Gamedata folder out of the root STALKER folder for a moment and try running the game again, if the problem persists then you may have changed something in the LTX file you shouldn't, but thats only a novices guess. I'm putting my money on it being conflicting mods in your gamedata folder. Try booting your game while adding one mod at a time to your folder if you're running multiple mods. If the game stops loading after you've started, you will have found your culprit.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
Boomgoesthedino

I'm only installing 1 mod. and its just the mod that lets you sell any weapon no matter its condition. I did try taking the gamedata folder out. But no luck and the LTX is just as it should be. maybe its just random. I've always had problems with this game. Before it would not run cause it always had the Xray engine crash. The only time this game was running great was before I bought my new GPU the AT 5870. It was working good on my old 8800. wondering if it could be a ATI problem?
Old 12-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #8
Cmdr Zoidberg

Its possible. From what I've heard talking to other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. players, most XRay bugs that aren't mod related turn out to be incompatibility issues with graphics cards. Those pesky God Rays are a drain on even the most powerful of system set ups... But that shouldn't be a problem for you, its simply not starting up. :/

Only thing I can think of to try now would be a reinstall. Backup your gamedata folder and uninstall the game and reinstall it. Then give it a shot. If -that- doesn't give you any joy then the only thing left I can think of would be to post up your system specifications so that a computer guru can offer you some assistance.

Come to think about it... Are you using any steam commands on start up? I know when I tried to set it up to run center screen in windowed mode the game simply wouldn't start. Don't think that is your problem otherwise you would've mentioned you set some start up preferences, but thought I'd mention that anyway.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #9
PenGun

I've never tried. How far can you throw Steam?
PenGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #10
Boomgoesthedino

I did a fresh install. The game is working but its very slow when loading. like as soon as you hit new game it will take like 3min for the game to even start loading. while your playing if you hit Esc it will take about 3-4min for it to come up to the menu then another 3-4min after you click save game for it to save lol kinda ridiculous..

Specs.
graphics card: ATI 5870
processor: AMD Athlon II630 quad core 3.3GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
Bad_Motha

Banned
Try offline mode...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...29&postcount=7
Old 12-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
Boomgoesthedino

I have tried offline mode. No good sadly.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
Bad_Motha

Banned
Then I would say you obviously have another issue with your machine as it shouldn't be that slow in offline mode. It does tend to do this with STALKER series games when Steam is used in normal online mode though.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
SHOUBISHOCK

Exclamation

?BEST MODS 4 CALL OF PRYPIAT

I installed SGM 1.7 + Filthy Monkeys translation + AtmosFear 2.1.
Since it seems like so many people are having problems getting it to work, follow these instructions very carefully:
--------------

1) Install SGM mod as *usual*(*open the FSGAME.LTX (with NOTEPAD) in the root STALKER folder and change this line so it looks like the one below, then save the file.

This allows the game to use whatever files are present in a gamedata folder.)
If you've hosed up the install already, delete the entire gamedata folder and re-install it.

2) Download AtmosFear 2.1, and install it into a temporary folder, NOT your game directory eg. your gamedata folder.

3) During the setup process for AtmosFear, scroll to the bottom of the list of options and uncheck AtmosFear Fallout. It will cause problems.

4) In the AtmosFear directory, delete system.ltx

5) Now, cut/paste the contents of AtmosFear into your gamedata folder, allowing it to overwrite any files.

6) Now, modify the system.ltx file in your gamedata/configs folder as follows:
quote:
[sound]
occlusion_scale = 0.19
snd_collide_min_volume=0.07
snd_collide_max_volume=085.

7) Optional; only necessary if you play with Alpha Squad enabled. -- Go into your gamedata/scripts folder, and find the file named surge_manager.ltx and add the following line:

quote:
local immuned_to_surge_squads = {
["monster_predatory_day"] = true,
["monster_predatory_night"] = true,
["monster_vegetarian"] = true,
["monster_zombied_day"] = true,
["monster_zombied_night"] = true,
["monster_special"] = true,
["monster"] = true,
["alfa_force"] = true, <-- this is the only new line that needs to be added.
["zombied"] = true
}

8) In-game, do the following:
quote:
1. Open game console (default key is '~')
2. Save backup of your settings by entering: cfg_save user_bak.ltx
3. Load desired AtmosFear settings by entering: cfg_load user_atmosfear.ltx

You should now be able to play the mod without issue. To be safe, make sure you un-check 'eclipse' in the SGM options, because since the weather cycles are modified a bit hastily, it may cause the game to crash when they happen. I don't know.

If it still doesn't work, you probably screwed up somewhere.

Edit: I cant load cfg_load user_atmosfear, any ideas?

Whoops, looks like I forgot to put a .ltx on the end of that in my instructions. It should work now.

If it still doesn't work, find your user.ltx file and make all the changes that user_atmosfear.ltx makes to your graphic settings.
LINKS:

-SIGEROUS MOD:
~>http://beef.site.nfoservers.com/
~>http://blackbyte.org/sgm/
~> http://www.igniferous.net/SGM/

-ATMOSFEAR 2.1:
Download AtmosFear 2.1 ~>http://www.moddb.com/mods/atmosfear-...ear-21-for-cop
And this patch
~>+patch:http://www.moddb.com/mods/atmosfear-...op-setup-patch

Last edited by SHOUBISHOCK: 09-30-2014 at 06:48 AM.
SHOUBISHOCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series