Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > ValuSoft

Old 12-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
spong

Thumbs down Every Valusoft game crashes in Win7 64 bit... (Simulation Gaming Pack purchase)

I've recently purchased the Simulation Gaming Pack under the Steam Holiday Sale 2010, and it seems that not a single game in that package runs out of the box on Windows 7 64 bit.

Basically, I try to start the game, and I see a logo splashscreen for maybe 1 second before I am dumped back to the desktop. The application icon is still visible in the taskbar but every time I click on it to switch back into the application, I am dumped to the desktop again.

I realise that some of the games in that package are 5 or so years old, and Win7 isn't listed in the recommended specs, but it's a bit of a rude shock to see that not a single game is playable on a standard Win7 machine in that bundle.

Is there any possible work around out there that people may know of to resolve the issue??

Old 01-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Go+

The John Deere game seems to work.
Is your graphics drivers up-to-date?
Are you running some sort of anti virus that could be keeping them from running?
Go+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
tentimes

They are running ok for me and I have Windows 7 x64. Have you an ATI card, and if so have you allowed it to default to game settings rather than forcing a 3D profile? Just a thought.
tentimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
UncountedGnome

Thumbs up possible fix

Hey I just bought this game and I was having the same problems. You mentioned running it in compatibility, which I tried, and it fixed the problem. the .exe is in Program Files(x86)-->Steam-->steamapps-->common-->18 wheels of steel american long haul. I ran it in compatibility for XP SP3 and it worked. hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
miketheShark815

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncountedGnome View Post
Hey I just bought this game and I was having the same problems. You mentioned running it in compatibility, which I tried, and it fixed the problem. the .exe is in Program Files(x86)-->Steam-->steamapps-->common-->18 wheels of steel american long haul. I ran it in compatibility for XP SP3 and it worked. hope this helps.
Thx for your tips, but when I try it the same way you explained it, Windows ask me for permission to let "alh.exe" make changes on my computer.

If I click "Yes", the same question will come over and over again.

Have you got any other ideas?

Thanks

EDIT:
Trying to run the game without Comp-mode, the following error occures:

http://tinypic.com/r/2rrx5xh/7

Last edited by miketheShark815: 07-21-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Extend Post
Old 07-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
ocarD

Volunteer Moderator
NOt that it helps but this is taken from their main Support site:

http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=6122

Old 05-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
Astral_Nomad

i find every game runs fine with a bit of tweaking. the only ones i have a problem with are Midnight Outlaw (doesnt work at all in win 7, never did - known issue that thq doesnt care to fix), and are you smarter than a 5th grader. i cant get it backed up.
Astral_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > ValuSoft