Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Elven Legacy

Old 12-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
trebor8273

this or..

should i get this or kings bonunty collection? for anybody whos played both, which would you say is best? thanks for any help.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
madmarten

Elven Legacy is a hex-based strategy similar to Fantasy General. King's Bounty games are RPGs with HOMM-style tactical combat.

King's Bounty collection takes a longer time to complete than Elven Legacy collection, but the combat also gets repetitive after a while.

Both are fairly good games and worth their price. There's a demo available for Elven Legacy on Steam store page, I don't know what is actually included but it's a good place to start.

Last edited by madmarten: 12-28-2010 at 03:08 PM.
madmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Hawat

I own Armored Princess and I can verify that the combat gets extremely repetitive. I actually got bored and with no end of the game in sight, I uninstalled.

Elven Legacy is good. The worst part about it is the turn limits, but I can deal with that.
Hawat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
Teranasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
should i get this or kings bonunty collection? for anybody whos played both, which would you say is best? thanks for any help.
Get both while they're on sale.

Kings Bounty is fun, but as others have said, combat can get repetitive.

Elven Legacy on the other hand is a significantly more challenging game but it has a lot of technical issues King's Bounty doesn't (for me at least). Both are great games though and well worth their price if you can snag them on sale.
Teranasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
Caiobrz

King's Bounty is good for days or weeks of gameplay. It gets only as boring as *any* strategy game can get by playing it nonstop (yet, some people play Starcraft since 1995 and don't think that's boring).

Elven Legacy is only 15 hours worth, that if you take your time to repeat some missions and go for gold. With the extra "DLC" you would get to a gran total of 60 hours of the same "repetitive" gameplay (see how "repetitive" and "boring" are abstract?).

Which is less than took me to finish King's bounty, let alone Armored Princess. I like KB better because of the 4 spirits, Armored Princess dragon is kind of lame.

I enjoy both, but I thought Elven Legacy was extremely short - when I was starting to like it, it ended =(

In the end, I link to think that Elven Legacy is an excellent INDIE game, while KB is more of a finished product.
Caiobrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Elven Legacy