Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #16
Saijin_Naib

Foreign Legion: BoB forum
Volunteer Moderator
Would love to see an option to configure FOV as well. It feels like it is in the sub-70 degree for FOV, that is way too constrained.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #17
suspect46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRollie View Post
this is a Chrome engine game, thus you are looking for a packed file like "default_levels.xml" or "defaults.xml" or "settings.xml" which is somewhere hidden in the .pak files
Once found, you'll have to (re-)create the structure in "my documents"\sniper - Ghost Warrior\
Probably something like "my documents"\sniper - Ghost Warrior\out\Data\
and copy the found file inthere , this file you can then edit to change the FOV

DO NOT change the (packed) files! Crashes or re-installs (or bans) will be the result
A little late for that advice, Its how everyone is cheating - Infact you dont even need to repack it back into the .pak file you can just repack what you need into your own folder and then pak it.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #18
Cut2TheChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeek View Post
No we are not missing anything. We are playing the games as the devs intended. I never have any problems with FOVs (not sure what that means).

If you get sick from FOV then you have a real-life problem because I played almost all my PC games on default settings with-out any problems.
Umm, playing as the devs intended, on a CONSOLE.
This is a PC game as well and as such is already a known issue with all consolized games in multiplatform development.

The FOV needs to be adjustable, not cookie cut for the console crowd.

I played 10 minutes of Sniper 1 and couldnt stand the constricted view and stopped playing, and won't be buying the 2nd unless theres a way to adjust FOV.

That = lost sales.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
DorkOff

Skipping it because of this; too many good games available where I can adjust the FOV
Old 01-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #20
koroskoros

thanks for the warning

thanks OP, i almost bought this. nauseating fovs are todays games downfall. unplayable
Old 01-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
mystrdat

Sale lost, that's as hard as I can punish bad design decisions.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #22
vulcan44

Sorry to see this isn't an option. It really is an option that should be universally available in all games. As time goes on and screens get larger more people will complain when the option to change FOV isn't available.

Anyone that dismisses this issue as a problem with the user doesn't grasp the problem at all. Please, don't bother posting if you are fine with the FOV and you just want to share an ignorant opinion. That doesn't change the fact that it bothers quite a few of us. Trust me, the number of people affected by this will increase...
Old 01-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #23
Andrew529

Thank you guys for pointing this out. FOV is one of the most important parts of PC gaming, more than gameplay or anything because if the FOV is bad, I get nauseated and therefore will not want to play. They just lost a customer, but I don't think they really care lol.

Here are some links for you noobs or developers to learn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZUa...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1XsP...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #24
Cut2TheChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_City View Post
There's no "fix" per se, because nothing is broken . As far as tweaking the FOV - I've just talked with the devs and they flooded me with a lot of technobablle . In a nutshell, it's not possible - too many things would be not as they should if you tampered with FOV in SGW. Sorry .
Yea, I'm an admin and that "technobabble" is most likely laziness, they just dont care to fix the issues for the PC community.
They don't care, I don't care to buy.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #25
Robert_City

City Interactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut2TheChase View Post
Yea, I'm an admin and that "technobabble" is most likely laziness, they just dont care to fix the issues for the PC community.
They don't care, I don't care to buy.
No it's not. It's they're working hard on SGW2 and Enemy Front and some other games and prioritizing "fixing" something, that is not broken, is counterproductive at this point.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #26
JebusHCripes

Quote:
No it's not. It's they're working hard on SGW2 and Enemy Front and some other games and prioritizing "fixing" something, that is not broken, is counterproductive at this point.
This is exactly the kind of developer that needs to go out of business immediately.

To even suggest it isn't broken is tantamount to spitting in your customers' and prospective customers' faces.

Sadly, you already have my $4 and even at that price I feel ripped off. But you can be assured that you'll never get another penny from me ever again.

Garbage.

Jebus
Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #27
Cut2TheChase

Quote:
Well, Deus Ex has an FOV selector as well as many other games.
I suppose broken is a relative term to you. Let's say "missing functionality" that has been requested by many and ignored by the developers.
Again, I will have to ignore the "buy now' button.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #28
Robert_City

City Interactive
Quote:
Well, Deus Ex has an FOV selector as well as many other games.
I suppose broken is a relative term to you. Let's say "missing functionality" that has been requested by many and ignored by the developers.
Again, I will have to ignore the "buy now' button.
Ok, I can settle for missing functionality .

First of all, you seem to confuse "giving feedback" with "giving demands". Guys, nobody forces you to buy anything. Adjustable FOV is important, but not as important as polishing other parts of gameplay that are "requested by many". Somebody makes those decisions and makes them for a reason based on solid research.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #29
Cut2TheChase

All you need to do is look at how many views topics get to see what's important. Thats research.
This one is in the top 5.

-edit, maybe top 3.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #30
Robert_City

City Interactive
Quote:
All you need to do is look at how many views topics get to see what's important. Thats research.
This one is in the top 5.

-edit, maybe top 3.
Let's recap.

You spend XX million dollars/euro to develop a game on various platforms, of which the PC is the least selling one, and you should base your development decisions on how many views a forum thread has. Great.

Cut2TheChase, man, I really do appreciate the effort a lot of you put into posting ideas and concepts you think are sound, but please, leave the business models, decision making and development handling to the people that really, I mean really, know their stuff, OK?

As long as you talk about your views on the game, of what's wrong and what should be fixed in YOUR opinion - that's really awesome and welcome. But when you start to tell people how to perform their jobs - that's a no-no. And not because I it's "forbidden" or anything - it's not. It's just because, well, to put it lightly, you lack the professional know how to assess 80% of the processes you don't even realize making games consists of.

btw. http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...esc&sort=views - it's not.

Best,
Robert

Last edited by Robert_City: 02-21-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior