Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2

Old 12-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
palkiake

Something rather annoying

I discovered something rather annoying that didn't used to happen with the normal version of the game. Whenever I run (or walk for that matter) and stand still, my character just turns to a random direction (I think) I've also seen him turn to people who say/yell something and this is VERY annoying while in a small place (like a cave, or dungeons perhaps.) And I was wondering how to turn it off/alter it.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
JJ_Dami

The game keeps track of which direction you are facing last, so if you click on a new destination, the character acts like a tank in that he/she will run forward and turn, instead of just turning.
To fix this, you just need to manually turn your character to whichever direction you want to run first.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
palkiake

Well, this doesn't solve it as anytime I turn direction I'd have to do this.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Kraszus

Find this incredibly annoying also. Tried messing with the camera settings with no success
Kraszus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
darklight_tr

You are experiencing the very annoying 90 degree camera turn bug, which was really annoying me too. There is a workaround by running the game using the Client Extension mod:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...2217&forum=118

All the Client Extension mod does is reset the camera back to the previous view when the problem occurs, so it doesn't really fix the issue. Still, it makes the game playable.
darklight_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
Skywing

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklight_tr View Post
You are experiencing the very annoying 90 degree camera turn bug, which was really annoying me too. There is a workaround by running the game using the Client Extension mod:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...2217&forum=118

All the Client Extension mod does is reset the camera back to the previous view when the problem occurs, so it doesn't really fix the issue. Still, it makes the game playable.
The bug is actually with the handling of WASD input and not the camera itself. It is more apparent in the character mode camera view because the camera automagically orients to follow the control object's facing.

You are correct that the CE's workaround doesn't fix the underlying issue here; instead, the CE tells the client to reset the character's facing when an incorrect facing update is detected. I would like to develop a more comprehensive fix at some point; the workaround was released in its current state as repairing the underlying issue without making other input related processing worse is not as straightforward.

If you avoid using WASD, or avoid using the character mode camera, you may be less severely impacted by this issue.
Skywing is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2