Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion

Old 12-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Noquid

Wing troubles, need help/advice

I went the route of the fighter pilot in X3 TC. I've been slowing forming a wing of fighters and now have 5 M3's and I sit in a Viper. I put 3 M3's in Gold Wing and set them to protect me, then put 2 M3's in Red Wing and set them to attack my target. Here's the thing, I rarely make it through two sectors without having one of of my M3's smash into something/someone and blow themselves up. So what's the limit? It seems like I should be able to have 5 ships follow me without smashing into each other and destroying themselves. I even changed formations of the two wings thinking that might keep them away from each other but no luck. I was actually going to give the plot mission another try with my Viper and wings (where you have to take a passenger through a red sector and get attacked the second you warp in) but so far I've lost at least one M3 just trying to get to the stinkin sector. Any tips? Advice?

Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
heagar

why dont you get 2 zepherus carriers and have them follow your viper and dock your wings wile traveling
and deploy them in battle situations
to limit the amount of trafic in your fleet also get them jump drives so they can follow you better
heagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:07 AM   #3
Noquid

This is where my noob status shows up I still haven't figured out or gotten to the point of wanting to figure out jumpdrive and a Zepharus Carrier sounds like someone carrying a disease The most cash I've had at any point in time is 10M, which is what I have now, and I pretty much run the sectors from PTNI headquarters over to Interworlds looking for random combat or combat missions. I also have two freighters, and have tried the ore collector route and found that too boring and frankly a waste of time compared to what I can make in combat.

So the answer is two or three ships can follow you pretty safely but any more than that will start smacking into each other and destroying themselves? I'll have to look into what a Zepharus costs and see what my options are. I don't really like the Viper since it only has missiles from the front and a single turret in back but I was going to try and take it and the wings into the red zone and try the plot mission again. So far I prefer my Nova Raider Thanks for your help, much appreciated!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
heagar

well 10 mil will get you a centaur but thats besides the points ok well you dont want jump drives but carriers are good if you have alot of ships because the UI is really dumb when your in the sector your ui ships are flyin. there are other carriers.. the shipyard in Lyre sells a magnatar.
there only about 400k

well good luck
Old 12-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Noquid

Yep, I saw that and bought two of them. Just finished dragging Nostrop Oil to the medium shield facility and finally got them equipped with 200MJ shields. Fighters are docked inside now, so I'll test it out tonight probably. Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
heagar

also try finding some carrier command software,

this is also a good sight for locating things you wanna find http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/
Old 01-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
Lucky Shot

You can buy a Split Elephant and run it like a poor man's carrier. It holds quite a few ships and later when you have more cash you can use it for build missions. Set your fighters to protect the Elephant and they will automatically launch when needed.

Last edited by Lucky Shot: 01-04-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Lucky Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
heagar

an elephant !!!! that's funny poor mans carrier? 17 mil...
compared to an Zephyrus or boa 500k-
Old 01-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
Lucky Shot

You brought up a 10 million credit Cerberus. An Elephant isn't that ridiculous based on your recommendation of a 10 million credit ship and it was the first carrier I had. Space for 14 ships, very quick TL, good protection and can take a punch better than the Boa or Zeph.

After he moves on to another ship he'll find that it's still very useful for deploying stations or collecting nvidium.
Lucky Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Vaemer-Riit

The elephant was the poor mans carrier in X:3 Reunion, in X:3 TC you have the TM class that are really useful as early game carriers. What you might want to try working to acquire is the Split Panther: http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_ships/x3-sh...?c=ODEzMjA0OTk
Vaemer-Riit is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion