Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
BrendanFace

Can I download and play games at the same time?

I'm rather amused about the sheer number of people complaining about how big the GTA4 complete pack is... I mean, for 10 bucks, I am certainly not complaining.

Anyway, question was, is there any way that I can change setting so that I may play a Steam game whist still downloading another. With 32 gigs to download, this is gonna take me 3 or so days, and I would like to think I can still play other games whist waiting for that download.

Of course, I could just keep it on all night for 6 nights, but I like to give my poor processor a rest, and that is also twice the time.

Or I could just get a life and do something other than game for 3 days, but meh, who wants to do that?

So yeah, can I disable the automatic download pause when I go ingame? I just want to play single player games, so I don't even need internet connection for them anyway... It seems pretty stupid that I should stop downloading to increase connection speed when I don't even need it.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
BrendanFace

I mean, geez, I just want to play Plants Vs Zombies whist waiting... and I can't even do that, it seems.
BrendanFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
Ysa

You can't disable the automatic download pause. So try this: start playing, use alt+tab, go to your library->downloads, click the button to continue with the downloads.
Ysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
PolarBearing

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysa View Post
You can't disable the automatic download pause. So try this: start playing, use alt+tab, go to your library->downloads, click the button to continue with the downloads.
Always works for me.
PolarBearing is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips