Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops

Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
snooogins

Ops graphics problems

Hey, I just curious if any of you had gone through the same problem as I am currently going through.

I can sometimes play for hours without a problem, sometimes can't get past 5 minutes. What happens is the game will freeze, and some of the objects on the screen will turn white, or different shades of gray.

I was hoping there was a config line or something along those lines that would fix it.

Here is my system
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz
Memory: G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 500GB 7200 RPM SATA
Video Card: MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 5850
Mobo: M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Thanks

Old 01-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
snooogins

So not so much?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
hoonshyne

Banned
would you classify the graphical issue as "artifacting"? Just asking to see if we can rule out hardware / overheating possibilities...
Maybe a screenshot if you can?
hoonshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
snooogins

I tried a screenshot, it didn't seem to helpful (as in it wouldn't actually take a screen shot, have to ctr alt del for it to be done.

On the other hand, my gpu has never gone over 56, and my cpu has never gone over 54... I know I could get some better fans for both, but neither are end-game for the games, and it bugs me out.

I really prefer the COD Black Ops to any other game, and would prefer for it to be better than anything else, unfortunately it hasn't been
Old 01-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #5
snooogins

Oh, and when it freezes, its like the game is still being played, but all the edges are turn grey (like the edge of a building, or whatever), or other parts turn white. Wish I knew what to do, which I could just play

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops