Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 01-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Risayoshi

Error - memory less than 15MB?

Hello all, i am not new to steam nor to the games i have been using since i first got my steam account (which i note that i'm still in process of retrieivng account verification from support as i can't log in to an account i've had 6 years but thats not my problem here).

I know i am not able to play my games yet until i get my steam account but i can't even get one of them to run.

I've installed half life 1 and 2 and Condition Zero and the problem is when i try to run CZ.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Lisa/Error.jpg

I installed BF1942, RTR and SW after i installed CZ and i've been able to run and play them just fine.

So surely i don't have a problem with my memory? It wouldn't be because of my steam account problem would it? But then it wouldn't say an error with memory.

I blame it on my gender for being completely useless with computers haha.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
joel2007

We need your comp specs?
joel2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
UberMudkipz

Memory is a physical part in your computer. Having a Steam account will NOT decrease your amount of memory. If it is talking about RAM memory, you should be fine if you were able to run Half-Life 2 previously.

Maybe the error message got worded wrong, and they are talking about harddrive space. Try deleting some programs, pictures, videos and other things you dont need and see if it helps.
UberMudkipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
Risayoshi

Nah its nothing to do with hard drive space problems, i got 2 hard drives and one external and none of them are full, barely even half full and ones completely empty.

Well its a new computer, not the one i had for 6 years and my new one i got just before christmas.

I've deleted/removed games and programs i don't want or don't use plus i've done a disk cleanup and defragment. I re-installed CZ and it still says same error.

AMD Athlon II X4 605 2.30 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
RAM 3.00GB (useable 2.75GB)
imedia S1300
Windows 7 64 bit

Any other information you need? I'm not sure whats included in specs and i found that information on system in control panel.

Sorry for not knowing what i'm doing with my own PC lol.

Edit: Woops i mispelled windows. Oh and i'm going to try and run half life 1 and 2 and see if theres any problems with them as i don't remember when i first installed them.

Last edited by Risayoshi: 01-02-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Risayoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
madmarten

Run the game in Win XP compatibility mode.
madmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
Risayoshi

Thats one way but i'd rather play it normally and try to understand and sort out the error, its obviously popped up for a reason so there must be something wrong somewhere.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #7
madmarten

The reason is that you have over 2gb of RAM and are using a 64-bit OS. Not much else you can do about it.
madmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #8
Risayoshi

Can you please explain? - I know nothing about computers sorry lol.

If i had the choice of what system i could have i would go for XP over anything since thats the one i had for 6 years and never had a problem with. I never liked Vista and that was my first laptop and i disliked using it but nowaways its Windows 7 or nothing

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips