Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Need for Speed series

Old 01-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
NotYourHero

what can I expect from hot pursuit

I bought Undercover from the steam sale and it feels kind of liek MW with map more like burnout. I get a retail copy of hot pursuit and im wondering what I can expect. How much better is it than MW, which was the greatest NFS game in history :s? It looked amazing at E3.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
savatorius

For me its the best NFS game to date, Burnout guys know what they are doing.
savatorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
bmxjumperc

I never played Most Wanted but it looked good, I have played Shift and it is old school compared to Hot Persuit!

The graphics are the most well done I have ever seen in any game for that matter let alone a racing game. In this case the color viberance is what makes this game's graphics unique/look good yet more polygons, shading, lighting, or depth perception it seems is more than what was needed to get this game right which stands out far beyond other games.

It is a perfect reiteration of the origional Need For Speed Hot Persuit, It doesn't get old.

It has all of the incredible old school game play eliments that the origional did that make it unique and it a blast.

Last edited by bmxjumperc: 01-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.
bmxjumperc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:21 AM   #4
welshmen

no g25/g27 support, no manual trans, cd key that doesn't work for online, regret
Old 01-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
Monster_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmen View Post
no manual trans
That is a very important note. We need a sticky with that info.

The lack of a manual transmission could make or break the game for some driving enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxjumperc
It is a perfect reiteration of the origional Need For Speed Hot Persuit
Did you even play the original? These are two different games entirely. HP2k10 is more like the sequel Hot Pursuit 2.

1. Completely different physics. The cars handle differently.
2. Arcade vs psuedo simulation style gameplay.
3. No manual transmission
4. Lousy Fast & Furious style urban music, instead of the beautiful tracks from the original.
5. No interior view.
6. You can't pull vehicles over. Instead you deplete their health.
7. The tracks are limited to Seacrest county, where the original had more varied tracks. Atlantica, Lost Woods, Boulder Canyon, Empire City.
8. No split-screen multi-player
9. Unrealistic weapons such as EMPs, or jammers. Plus the original did not have a Helicopter.
10. Burnout "near miss" points for nitros/turbos.
11. A bigger focus on drifting.

The original was the best, don't soil its reputation by saying that Hot Pursuit 2k10 was anything like it.

Not to say that this is a bad game, its Burnout Paradise mixed with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. It is a great game.
Monster_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
NotYourHero

I bought Undercover a few days prior to HP and I do not regret either of them. The online is beast.
NotYourHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
MEGAFATBOY

A great game, but really buggy right now. I myself can't connect to Autolog, and many can't even start the game.
MEGAFATBOY is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Need for Speed series