Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops

Old 01-04-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
Fatality_11

Lightbulb CANNOT BUY ANYTHING!!!!

I haven't had any problems with Black Ops till that last patch, Where the game freezes all the time. BUT

But now I decided to prestige last night and now I cant buy anything. and yes I know that I lose everything, But I checked I have the money and it says I have bought the item, But when I go back and select that class its just reset to the standard gun. And I have the spent money back.

I know I cant be the only one with this, but are their any tricks people have done or do I just need to sit tight and wait for patch??
Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 AM   #2
cornholo509

Sounds like a corrupt config . Go to where the game is installed and delete the mp.config in the players folder . Then launch stem and verify the games cache .

mp.config id stored here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players . for 64 bit os

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players ,For 32 bit os .
cornholo509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:48 AM   #3
Fatality_11

Tried that and it didnt work
Fatality_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Zix

The gun you're trying to buy is one that you purchased either the emblem, clan logo, or both for. Since those each cost 2000, you'll have to add 2000 COD points as well as what the weapon costs.

For some reason there's a glitch where when you buy the gun after prestiging you also need enough to buy the gun emblem/clan thing. Make another 2000/4000 depending if you bought just one or both, then it'll work for you.
Zix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #5
Fatality_11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zix View Post
The gun you're trying to buy is one that you purchased either the emblem, clan logo, or both for. Since those each cost 2000, you'll have to add 2000 COD points as well as what the weapon costs.

For some reason there's a glitch where when you buy the gun after prestiging you also need enough to buy the gun emblem/clan thing. Make another 2000/4000 depending if you bought just one or both, then it'll work for you.
Funny coz I just got 7000 CP and I bought it and it works haha
That must have been it.

Thanks to the both you you for the help, Much appreciated
Fatality_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
btdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholo509 View Post
Sounds like a corrupt config . Go to where the game is installed and delete the mp.config in the players folder . Then launch stem and verify the games cache .

mp.config id stored here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players . for 64 bit os

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players ,For 32 bit os .
Demonware stats have absolutely, and I mean -absolutely- 0, nothing, zilch, nada, NOTHING to do with .cfg.
btdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
sixtyfivedays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zix View Post

Also happens with reticles/lens colors/etc. A few of my weapons (FAMAS, Galil) cost 20k+ each and that is with no attachments or skins.
sixtyfivedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
Zix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfivedays View Post
Also happens with reticles/lens colors/etc. A few of my weapons (FAMAS, Galil) cost 20k+ each and that is with no attachments or skins.
I was actually looking at lenses and whatnot earlier and was curious as to if they also did the same thing.

That's a shame. looks like I'm not buying anymore bells and whistles for my weapons until I hit either prestige 14/15. Considering I'm just on 6 i got a ways to go. At least we know what the problem is now.
Zix is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops