Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III

Old 01-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
H.Bogard

Megawind : The greatest Morrowind Mod Compilation Ever!

So someone's put out a big compilation of all the major mods for Morrowind and packed them together in a single download as well as put up a detailed guide to get it working (both on retail and Steam versions of the game).

You can read more about the mod, including video footage, here.
You can read the installation guides here.
I'd put a download link in the post, but I am not sure about the rules when it comes to linking to torrent sites, so just go through that first link to find the download at the bottom and you're good to go.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
warwon

There are hosts a ton on the wordpress site now, I have more coming up soon.
warwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
MrSmit

The person who compiled the pack did not even ask permission from the modders, or even give credit to some.
See this
MrSmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
Wanny1

Cmon guys it's just a compilation. Not like the work of these people are for nothing. All I see here is Warwon saving us a CRAP LOAD of time, research and how to install all this stuff.

Give him a break. Thanks so much Warwon anyway, you made me buy morrowind and enjoy it again

Give Warwon some time to make a complete list of credit.
Wanny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
MrSmit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanny1 View Post
Cmon guys it's just a compilation. Not like the work of these people are for nothing. All I see here is Warwon saving us a CRAP LOAD of time, research and how to install all this stuff.

Give him a break. Thanks so much Warwon anyway, you made me buy morrowind and enjoy it again

Give Warwon some time to make a complete list of credit.
You don't understand, just giving credit is not the issue, some modders might not want their work distributed in a pack. The author had no rights to compile it without their permission. If he would have asked, I am sure that 90% of the modders would give the OK. However, he did not do this. Yes, he may have done a lot of work himself to make this pack, but let us respect the wishes of the modders who made this content in the first place, its common courtesy.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
Wanny1

Still, Warwon made me play the game with THEIR mods after all. I wouldn't even care at them if warwon didn't do this in the first place. I respect the original modders as much as I respect the dude who compiles them.

I saw Povuholo's thread on TES forums and couldn't give a about what he wrote. COMPILE THEM FOR US! Thanks...

It's like the complete mods for Stalker games. Maybe some modders didn't want their mods on this package.. Who cares? The compiler made a credit list and everyone is happy.

(but anyway everyone is awesome when it comes to modding Stalker. it's pretty much the first time I see real QQ about that)

Last edited by Wanny1: 01-04-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Wanny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #7
Revenile

The difference being the Stalker mod I use (Stalker complete 2009 or whatever it's name is) was done by a team, made by scratch by all of them.

Actually this post basically says it all:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...#entry16914104

Also, warwon acted a little bit on the childish side on the forums when he was asked by modders to remove the thing or have possible legal action taken, and I quote this is what he said to the official ES modding forum on bethsoft:

"I have nothing else to say to the likes of this community. I'm going to go enjoy uploading videos and posting screens of what could have been. Unless you guys want to copyright videos while you at it?"

I would like to make note that is AFTER a few of the modders said they wouldn't mind him using their mods in a compilation or even a guide if he would just ask their permission.

Last edited by Revenile: 01-05-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Revenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
timpkmn89

Thankfully the file was already released before everyone went ape**** over it. And thanks to the Streisand effect, there are tons of seeds.

I've tried playing Morrowind twice already, and got bored before I even started because even just downloading these files is a pain.
timpkmn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #9
Browncoat1984

I recommend simply following this thread. http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...ist-for-today/.

I tried the compilation - it had almost everything I used but there were so many little things that were wierd about it. Why did he not include the full Necessities of Morrowind and just instruct us to use the faster walk? I LIKE NoM! Also, why include Book Rotate? I use a different rotate mod that lets me actually rotate ALL items. And then he later told us to delete the Book Jackets - Book rotate.esp files? Why, these are needed for Book Jackets to work with Book Rotate and there were no other Book Jacket esp files included....very strange. Would have been better if he had included just links to download the mods.
Browncoat1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #10
jiminator

eh, I have tried the morrowind2009 wordpress stuff. having no other experience with mods I got up to a point where I just had tons of errors on loading the game that I could not resolve. maybe it is due to dead links or different versions of the mods. all in all it was a very frustrating experience. On the other hand the mod package above installed easily. some changes were necessary. he included the tool to resolve dependencies. and voila, game runs with no errors and looks good, if a bit too colorful. it will help bring more people to the morrowind experience, and ultimately that is what everyone wants, more people playing morrowind and enjoying their mods.

Now I know the original authors have a legitimate gripe. They would no doubt like to see more credit and feedback for their work.

Maybe an actual mod gui would do that. It could act like a steam store where mods could be ticked, downloaded and installed with all dependencies. But nothing like that exists today.
jiminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
MrSmit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminator View Post

Maybe an actual mod gui would do that. It could act like a steam store where mods could be ticked, downloaded and installed with all dependencies. But nothing like that exists today.
http://www.desura.com/
Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
jiminator

eh, appears to have a ways to go. and don't find anything morrowind....
jiminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #13
Jalek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
I tried the compilation - it had almost everything I used but there were so many little things that were wierd about it.
That's always the way it is with someone else's compilation of mods. I hadn't even looked at the game in a couple of years, so if his bundle did nothing else, it got an old game some attention.

I didn't even realize people were still modding for it, I remember some other drama and a server dumping everything, etc. and somewhere in all that is when I lost interest. At least those people are still around I guess.

Last edited by Jalek: 01-06-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Jalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #14
Clanhelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmit View Post
You don't understand, just giving credit is not the issue, some modders might not want their work distributed in a pack. The author had no rights to compile it without their permission. If he would have asked, I am sure that 90% of the modders would give the OK. However, he did not do this. Yes, he may have done a lot of work himself to make this pack, but let us respect the wishes of the modders who made this content in the first place, its common courtesy.
The problem is filthy e-fame-oriented modders. Then these internet tough guys shout IM GOING TO CLAL MY LAWYER, oh give me a break.
Clanhelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #15
Browncoat1984

I've been hanging around the forums for years (don't actually mod myself just download stuff and enjoy) and I think both sides over-reacted a little bit in this situation. I can understand the desire to have your stuff uploaded to sites where you want it to be uploaded, in its original version. The polite thing for him to do would have been before he released it to make sure he had obtained the necessary permissions and properly credited. Yes there was a credits document but there were many included mods that were not credited and he edited many mods - such as not including all of Necessities of Morrowind (should have and just instrcuted to not use it unless desired to).

Also some mods like MGE and MCP are constantly updated thus its almost silly to include them because a month from now they'll be outdated.

Not to mention the number of aforementioed little errors. So yes, I think the mod community was a LITTLE harsh on him but I also think he over-reacted to the reaction and was rather childish about it.

That being said, again if you haven't yet I recommend checking this list out http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...ist-for-today/ - this will get your Morrowind looking as good if not better than the videos he posted and all the links are legitimate links, working and up to date so installing shouldn't be a problem as long as you follow instructions. If you need help you can always post in the thread, the community is actually very helpful when it comes to setting things up (for the most part).

Also, people may want to keep an eye on THIS http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...unds-graphics/ - this is another graphic and sound mod compilation that is actually trying to follow the rules and obtain proper permissions. Seems the community is behind this one as the person/people making it are trying to be diligent in obtaining permissions and giving proper credit.
Browncoat1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III