Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Delve Deeper

Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
TSED

Suddenly Won't Start?

I played a few games before, but now the game absolutely refuses to start up. The "play game" option from Steam has the "Preparing to launch Delve Deeper" thing pop up, which immediately closes itself (timeframe is well under a second here, but it's still visible). Delve Deeper never does start.

I tried restarting Steam but that didn't work either. I have no idea what's going on; never had a problem like this before. Thanks for any suggestions.

EDIT:: And now it's doing the first-time set up again. Weird. Will update this when I know what happens there.

EDIT EDIT:: And straight back to the problem mentioned before.

Last edited by TSED: 01-05-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
lunargiantadam

Lunar Giant Studios
Hrm, if you've installed some other games between when our game was working and is now not working, a good place to start looking is to uninstall and reinstall the redistributables. Namely: XNA 3.1, .NET 3.5 and VC 2008.

The VC and XNA redists allow you to repair your current installs if you execute them manually (not through the steam frontend), this might help too. The packages are located in something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\delve deeper\redist.

So far, we've heard of a couple of cases where the game won't run at all, one resolved their issue through some old application cleaning, the other through reinstalling the aforementioned redistributables. Hope this helps
lunargiantadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Creepah

For me it didn't start too (just steam loading shows), if it don't work i want my money back!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
v0idi

Thumbs up Fix: Install .NET and XNA manually

Quote:
For me it didn't start too (just steam loading shows), if it don't work i want my money back!
Same happened to me, but it's easy to fix.

In my case it looks like the .NET installer actually exits without installing anything, and therefore the Steam installation does not complete either.

I fixed this by navigating to the Delve Deeper app folder (steam\steamapps\common\delve deeper\) and launching the XNA installation from the "redist" folder manually. After that the game loads up just fine when I click "play".

Hope this helps you as well!

Last edited by v0idi: 06-28-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Highlighted the fact that it's fixable, just in case people don't bother reading to the end. :)
Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
jazzman96

Exclamation Same here

I bought delve deeper in the 5 for $5 pack and every time i try to open it a window pops up saying "DelveDeeper has stopped working".

The problem details are as follows.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DelveDeeper.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e016dd2
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdbdf
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 0000b727
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081

If anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #6
LunarGiantStig

Lunar Giant Studios
Exception Code: e0434f4d means that it is most likely a problem with the .NET runtime not being installed correctly.

Have you tried the procedure lunargiantadam suggested above?

If you've tried that, and it didn't work, you might try using this tool (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/arc...8/8904493.aspx) to uninstall your current version of the .NET framework and reinstalling the .NET framework from scratch.
LunarGiantStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
Chandrose

@v0idi Thanks, fixed it up for me.
Chandrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
Sikk Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0idi View Post
I fixed this by navigating to the Delve Deeper app folder (steam\steamapps\common\delve deeper\) and launching the XNA installation from the "redist" folder manually. After that the game loads up just fine when I click "play".
/nod - same here. Working fine now - thanks.
Sikk Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
skyefyre

Thanks v0idi. That did it!
skyefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #10
Hippy Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0idi View Post

In my case it looks like the .NET installer actually exits without installing anything, and therefore the Steam installation does not complete either.

Hope this helps you as well!
I gifted these games to the Missus a little while ago, only today did she decide to install and play. I was experiencing the same issues mentioned until I tried the above-mentioned method.

Cheers mate, it worked a treat!
Hippy Druid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Delve Deeper