Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront

Old 01-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
davlyn_20

Thumbs up kind of game that will die after a month ?

This game reminds me of Front line fuel of war, the game concept was awesome but it died pretty fast. will this one too ?!.. Will they support this game or drop it like they always do ?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
AlHudsonFX

Banned
Certainly we don't know at this time.
AlHudsonFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Iconoclast XVII

I hope not... I need a new online game to play...
Iconoclast XVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
chrischameleon

OP I think your right, this game looks like a COD clone, I guess that's the best the makers could come up with.
chrischameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
agent47

I'm very pessimistic, but I think the multi-player will never really take off and everyone will forget the games single-player within a month at most ...
Old 01-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
xDeathbecomesUx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischameleon View Post
OP I think your right, this game looks like a COD clone, I guess that's the best the makers could come up with.
lol ok you can go back to COD now, I mean seriously rly? CoD doesn't have vehicles for one and I'll end that there. Its nothing like CoD.

At least you could say its like BF.

Anyway ya Frontlines didn't sell so well, I played on 360 while having a excellent community there, KAOS dragged their feet with the DLC for 360 and by the time it finally came out too many ppl left and I had kinda lost interest even though I really liked the game.

But it all depends on how good the game will be and we dont know, Im pretty confident about KAOS studios I really think they know how to make a fun MP from their previous work with BF2 on PC and FFOW. FFOW wasn't without its issues but overall it was a lot of fun to me.

So far I'd say this game looks more polished the FFOW was which was really one of the main issues I had with FFOW.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
Kitkoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeathbecomesUx View Post
lol ok you can go back to COD now, I mean seriously rly? CoD doesn't have vehicles for one and I'll end that there. Its nothing like CoD.
Actually, it looks exactly like CoD with vehicles. Adding vehicles to a CoD clone doesn't turn into something new and original. It just turns it into a CoD clone with vehicles.
Kitkoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
Dwebtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeathbecomesUx View Post

At least you could say its like BF.

Anyway ya Frontlines didn't sell so well, I played on 360 while having a excellent community there, KAOS dragged their feet with the DLC for 360 and by the time it finally came out too many ppl left and I had kinda lost interest even though I really liked the game.

But it all depends on how good the game will be and we dont know, Im pretty confident about KAOS studios I really think they know how to make a fun MP from their previous work with BF2 on PC and FFOW. FFOW wasn't without its issues but overall it was a lot of fun to me.

So far I'd say this game looks more polished the FFOW was which was really one of the main issues I had with FFOW.
DICE did BF2, btw.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 AM   #9
Hotbeef!

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwebtron View Post
DICE did BF2, btw.
The main reason BF2 was so awesome was because KAOS was involved.
Hotbeef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
chrischameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbeef! View Post
The main reason BF2 was so awesome was because KAOS was involved.
Lol!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
TilaTequit

I will wait until release. Im not pre-ordering this game.
TilaTequit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #12
piggys

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischameleon View Post
Lol!
The studio wasn't formed till 2006. BF2 came out in 2005. THQ hired the people that did the mod Desert Combat for Battlefield 1942.

I haven't heard anything good about Frontlines. So if they base this game off that, it's not going to be good.
piggys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
be_mvp

I think it wont die, simply because its better, and have better promotion\support than Frontlines: Fuel of War!

Also, there is nice XP\Battle Points earning system, that will keep players interested.
be_mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #14
chrischameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggys View Post
The studio wasn't formed till 2006. BF2 came out in 2005. THQ hired the people that did the mod Desert Combat for Battlefield 1942.

I haven't heard anything good about Frontlines. So if they base this game off that, it's not going to be good.
Lol, you don't know he was being sarcastic. Lol.

I know all about Battlefield 2 it's the greatest modern military FPS ever made, DICE forever!

Last edited by chrischameleon: 01-09-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
MADDOGGE

This game doesn't remind me of CoD but a Valve game. I'm looking forward to the personal interaction in this game. As I couldn't care less about the MP I don't care if it's MP is alive a month after release or not.

As for support, Kaos put out 4 massive patches for Frontlines and their patch servers are still active currently. I know as I still run the retail version and reinstalled and played though it again not 2 months ago.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront