Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
whurleygig

what gets me is...

why are they allowed to get away with this, charging money for products that are damaged or broken beyond use. If nissan for example started making cars that cut out suddenly while driving there'd be investigations and legal action. If food companies sent out shipment after shipment of contaminated food and ignored all complaint they'd be arrested. so why are game devs allowed to make 1/4 complete games, sell them for ridiculous prices without warranty and then watch the chaos unfold?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
jesterhaywood

Banned
Specs please?
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
ddrkreature

I think it's the corporation that forces them to release a game so it can't get polished the way they want it. But ya, they should have pushed to get the major issues and worry about the miner stuff for later in patches
Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
JimmyMcNulty

Should have known better.

Simple as. Do your research next time.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
DOOMJESUS

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by whurleygig View Post
why are they allowed to get away with this, charging money for products that are damaged or broken beyond use. If nissan for example started making cars that cut out suddenly while driving there'd be investigations and legal action. If food companies sent out shipment after shipment of contaminated food and ignored all complaint they'd be arrested. so why are game devs allowed to make 1/4 complete games, sell them for ridiculous prices without warranty and then watch the chaos unfold?
perhaps there is no government regulation on this industry because it is not a matter of life and death if you buy a game that turns out to be bunk...
hope this helps to clear things up for ya...

Last edited by DOOMJESUS: 01-09-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Dorbabatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whurleygig View Post
The real problem is that people like yourself have erroneously assumed that these problems are far more widespread than they really are. The game has worked fine for me since day 1 and my specs are meager.

Q9400 at 2.66ghz
Hybrid Sli with a 760i and two 9800s video cards
4gb of DDR2
Old 01-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
anwaypasible

either the game developers have a psychology badge or the lawyers invested in the situation have a psychology badge.

if you are getting your head beat in and there is no news of legal action.. obviously you are being made as a lab rat and there are people taking notes to record the results.

if the government wanted nissan to have engines that cut out without warning just so they could put cameras in the car and video tape peoples reactions.. do you think the government is gonna let a bunch of minorities try to reason what is ethical?
the ethical decision has already been made, therefore if the situation is a case of bad ethics.. there is nothing that can be done about it because people are hired to record the results.
the whole thing is classified as a case-study (or experiment for you lesser folks).. and the government isnt going to take the time and resources to make something ugly happen and then change their mind once the experiment has begun.
sure, the experiment might come to an end.. but it shows a clear lack of organization and responsibility to suddenly change an experiment after it has already started - especially when the results are pouring in.
consider it a pet-peeve, and again, a choice of ethics and morality whereby maintaining organization, responsibility, and self-respect.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
Hog454

I wish people with laptops and wirelesss would stop posting in here that the game doesnt work.Go do your homework on your computer that it was made for.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
Link-To-This

Quote:
Originally Posted by anwaypasible View Post
either the game developers have a psychology badge or the lawyers invested in the situation have a psychology badge.

if you are getting your head beat in and there is no news of legal action.. obviously you are being made as a lab rat and there are people taking notes to record the results.

if the government wanted nissan to have engines that cut out without warning just so they could put cameras in the car and video tape peoples reactions.. do you think the government is gonna let a bunch of minorities try to reason what is ethical?
the ethical decision has already been made, therefore if the situation is a case of bad ethics.. there is nothing that can be done about it because people are hired to record the results.
the whole thing is classified as a case-study (or experiment for you lesser folks).. and the government isnt going to take the time and resources to make something ugly happen and then change their mind once the experiment has begun.
sure, the experiment might come to an end.. but it shows a clear lack of organization and responsibility to suddenly change an experiment after it has already started - especially when the results are pouring in.
consider it a pet-peeve, and again, a choice of ethics and morality whereby maintaining organization, responsibility, and self-respect.
...wtf?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
anwaypasible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorbabatman View Post
The real problem is that people like yourself have erroneously assumed that these problems are far more widespread than they really are. The game has worked fine for me since day 1 and my specs are meager.

Q9400 at 2.66ghz
4gb of DDR2
but you might be a total idiot that is too blind to see the truth.
as well as the rest of the community.
you might not even own the game and are simply doing what you are told by coming to the forum and trying to mislead people.

you dont get a thousand people complaining about the same thing when the situation is small.
that would be a problem related to something that thousand of people have in common.
even the game reviews have included mentioning the same problems.

i would bet my life that the majority of people playing this game on PC are not seeing the problem because of their own blindness.
to argue that would be like saying all of highschool graduates finished school with an A- or better.
from where i come from, the school administration would pat your bottom all the way through graduation if you had enough self-respect to turn in some work and get a D-
Old 01-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
RadioH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorbabatman View Post

Q9400 at 2.66ghz
4gb of DDR2
And what makes you think that it is not widespread? Just because you got the game to work on your PC doesn't mean that you solely represent the whole community playing Black Ops on PC. I know a lot of people who can't even keep a steady 30 FPS on this game with all settings set to low even though they are WAY above the min. requirements. and yes, this included config tweaks (which are more of a placebo effect than an actual fix)

When so many people complain about the game being broken for the PC, maybe, just maybe, they are on to something, maybe the game isn't performing as it should. I've never heard people rage and yell about MW2 and BFBC2 causing stuttering gameplay.

Last edited by RadioH: 01-09-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
anwaypasible

its simple.
the only basis to be had is the statistics sent from the game to a server.
what the hardware is that the game is being played on and what resolution they are playing at.
the hardware isnt going to fluctuate much more than 10-15% (based on background programs generally)
and they arent going to send out a bunch of different versions of the video game. (although that would be on the list of experimentation)

those statistics are etched in stone so that all who lies about it will be held responsible.. and all those who try to fix it themselves will be held responsible.. and all those that give up and cheat will be held responsible.

we live in a world of state of the art technology.. and the art is catching losers and idiots in the act of their stupidity.
because people robbing banks and murdering people has come to a standstill.
now its all about who will be the most abusive to fuel their pride.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #13
whurleygig

wow i just wanted a game where the full page of the forum wasn't threads about games crashing not all the minorities and conspiracy theory baldercrap, jeez

Old 01-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
whurleygig

also sorry if this has already been posted but anyone getting an issue where you buy a gun, the game "fetches stats" then takes your gun away and gives you your money back every time? it's only happening for the HS10 shotgun

Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
mowskwoz

Beta testing FTW.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops