Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Swarm Arena

Old 01-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
BishojoMeister

Talking Power-ups spawn option

Hello, Pikaa writing. Deadalus and I were recently playing custom matches and found an interesting game variant: An instant death with only x number of drones each with level 3 aura.[You can adjust the # of drones and aura level accordingly.] It really forces the players to be efficient and lethal with their drones. As well as make them master evasive movements and sharpen their reflexes. But on the first round we noticed that there wasn't an option to turn on/off power-up spawns or to select which one would spawn or not. While it was still an exciting and influential factor, we felt that it would be nice to have them excluded by our choice and play with pure skills alone.

We're asking you so much already, but an implementation of such option would be great for game setting customization.

P.S. I noticed that players don't die automatically when their drones are annihilated in a battle game.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
cosminn777

Hi Pikaa, i subscribe to your post for such an option. +1

Quote:
P.S. I noticed that players don't die automatically when their drones are annihilated in a battle game.
I think that this is to give the player a chance to come back in game, it's a good thing, if the player would die then the strategy would be different, players will attack after they get a power up to eliminate the enemy drones, not a good thinghy :P

Last edited by cosminn777: 01-10-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
DG_Simon

Dedication Games
Hi, I think I can promise to implement that. On the death@0drones, the basic thought about this is if the player has even the slightest chance left. With an option to disable powerups this would make sense if there's also no regeneration enabled.
DG_Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Rylan

Excellent! This will open up completely new types of gameplay. I'm really looking forward to it!

Something to think on though is what happens if all the players drones collide, leaving none left, without any player getting killed. This seems like a tie. But the game hasn't allowed ties in the past correct?
Rylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
DG_Simon

Dedication Games
Yes, ties are a problem here. I'd say 0 points for a tie so that no series can end as a tie.
DG_Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
cosminn777

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_Simon View Post
Yes, ties are a problem here. I'd say 0 points for a tie so that no series can end as a tie.
good ideea

+1

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Swarm Arena