Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
awarpedprince

Exclamation Civ 5 not letting me play multiplayer

i start up the game, go to multiplayer, and then the 'internet' button cannot be selected. It says, i need to start the game up in steam and have an active internet connection to go on multiplayer. i bought it with steam, so it already had steam attached, and i was chatting in skype. So internet wasn't a problem. Please help, i just want to play civ 5 with friends.

P.S. saying about how civ 5's MP is a waste of time etc. is not helping

Old 01-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Zpider

not sure about it wanting steam running, since i can't start it without steam running, but for teh internet problem, maybe there's a firewall issue, blocking access?
Zpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
FolcanOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarpedprince View Post
i start up the game, go to multiplayer, and then the 'internet' button cannot be selected. It says, i need to start the game up in steam and have an active internet connection to go on multiplayer. i bought it with steam, so it already had steam attached, and i was chatting in skype. So internet wasn't a problem. Please help, i just want to play civ 5 with friends.

P.S. saying about how civ 5's MP is a waste of time etc. is not helping
I was getting the same problem too for a while until I disabled the Intro video to the game and vola, try this and tell me if it works I'll then try my best to help.

P.S. The Multiplayer is fine except BIG maps games like 8 or more 2-6 is just fine don't let anyone tell ya different anyways I hope you enjoy multiplayer as much as I do I'd also recommend joining this public group here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers if you'd like to get serous about MP there a good set of hardcore guys like my self that's contently playing and offering MP games!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
FolcanOne

ugh also sorry for the typos... I can currently only type with one had cuz my other one is broken
Old 01-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
Bantams

Putting steam into Online mode also Helps
Old 01-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
valacan

That's my #8 on my list of how broken multiplayer is:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1572383
I have a friend who invites me to games and then it sometimes works but I can't get it to work from my end at all and I have no idea why.
valacan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series