Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
redcap036

Angry How do I get a Refund from steam??

I just bought this game downloaded it over night, installed it and then started it, hopped into the options to set my screen up, and every time I hit the USE button the game locks up, forcing me to End process just to get out and back to my desktop.

I don't pay for games so I can spend my weekends off, tracking down and repairing someone else half -work, I pay for games that I can play, This is not one of them, I want my money back from Steam.

I'm not interested in fixing this game, I'm not interested in chasing patches and fixes all weekend, I just want my money back so I can go buy something else that hopefully works and that I can Play without having To become a programmer, coder, internet file chaser, having to plead online for help, I don't care anymore, if the developer can't be bothered to fix there games, neither can nor will I anymore, I will just chase a refund instead.

So Please How do I get a refund from steam?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
PenGun

No idea, you are in the wrong place.

I'm not sure but there is a rumor that no one has ever gotten one. I think it's in the thing you agreed to when you bought the game.

We will be here if you ever decide to try to play it.
PenGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Fsta-Atls

Download the Complete 2009 Mod. Hopefully it might fix it.
Fsta-Atls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
Dzogchen

It's worth the (not so) hard work to use complete 2009 or oblivion lost mod, or any of the others as the case may be. I have just started my second playthrough of SOC after spending lots of time on Metro 2033 and some other games. I can't believe I almost forgot how good a game Stalker really is.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
Perch

It will probably take him longer to get a refund than fix the game. :P
Perch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 AM   #6
P.M.

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcap036 View Post
I don't pay for games so I can spend my weekends off, tracking down and repairing someone else half -work
What is this, a console? I bet ten bucks you probably don't even know what most of the graphics settings you're changing do.

Quote:
I pay for games that I can play, This is not one of them, I want my money back from Steam.
Well tough luck, Steam doesn't do refunds, it never did and it never will.

You're welcome.

(You're also welcome to gift the game since you won't be playing it)
P.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
ZeroSignal

I like how he wont even tell us which game he is complaining about.
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #8
Sinosec

RRRRRRRRRRRAGE
Sinosec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
StarvinCannibal

Doesn't it say somewhere when buying games that there are no refunds?
StarvinCannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
KrazyKain

OH MY GOD!!!! a game doesnt work so clearly its entirely the programmers fault and in no way possible that something on your computer could be conflicting with the game, or is outright incompatible!! Nevermind the millions of other players who can actually play the game. Sorry but if you were actually trying to find a solution you'd have my sympathy, but asking for a refund and complaining about "half-assed work" makes me just not care about your problem
KrazyKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #11
Sleepy Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perch View Post
It will probably take him longer to get a refund than fix the game. :P
Its not the game he needs to fix - its his machine - and since he's too impatient to realise that and ask for help - why bother?
Sleepy Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 AM   #12
redcap036

Yes your right, ...I did forget to mention the game, it's Stalker: clear skies, your also right, Steam does not give refunds, I wasn't really expecting one, I did want to express my feelings to steam about this game and warn other potential buyers off, look on the forums for this game they are full of people complaining or asking about another bugs/faults problem to do with this game, my only mistake was not to check the forums first, yes I should have, if I had, we would not be having this chat.

Now I buy and play a lot of games, I've owned my own computers since I was 17, I'm now 45,( no it’s not the same PC) i don't watch TV, I've luv games there are my main form of entertainment and always on a PC or it’s table top games, so with that said, I know how to keep my PC updated, I like to play games like AAF:Planetstorm UDk version, if you know this game, then you know how taxing it can be to some PC's just to run it, well mine runs it fine and smooth, I’ll also add it covers all the requirements for S:CS with plenty to spare, No I’m not happy to put up my PC’s detail online, I don’t like handing out what I consider to be private information and yes I do share with support staff when needed, just not anybody.

What I'm trying to get at here is, you guys can't honestly tell me that you don't get sick and tired of buying a games, patching them up the latest patch version and then you find out it still don't work and if you want it to work then you most likely are going to spend the next 8 to 12 hours looking and begging for a fix somewhere hidden on the net, just so you can play, you guys honestly can't tell me you look forward to doing this, I mean do you look at a pc requirements and say," Oh Wow this game is cool because it requires me to spend unsaid set of hours looking to see if I can get it to actually work, sod playing the game, what’s that all about anyway? Searching and getting it to work is all the game I need?”

Or is it just me and expecting a new game at whatever reasonable price to actually just work, with of course an update/patch to the latest version, is this really unreasonable of me to expect?

To all of you who offered me help in getting it to run, I thank you, you are decent people and I hope I meet you all under better game threads.

To all who did not have anything useful to add or say, but still felt that you had to say something, I say to you…..

Last edited by redcap036: 01-18-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:22 AM   #13
Bad_Motha

Banned
No such thing as refund with Steam, so quit asking about it.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:32 AM   #14
NikolaiChekhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcap036 View Post
To all who did not have anything useful to add or say, but still felt that you had to say something, I say to you…..
You didn't say anything!

Also, I've owned and played all 3 stalker games complete vanilla as I'm sure millions of others have. Computers are always finicky with their software and if just one thing isn't compatible, the entire thing is most likely not going to work. I suggest you actually do some poking around, the problem could be as easy to fix as a couple of mouse clicks.

and post your system specs, please

Last edited by NikolaiChekhov: 01-18-2011 at 03:35 AM.
NikolaiChekhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #15
Whippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenGun View Post
there is a rumor that no one has ever gotten one.
I can disprove that, however it was almost not worth the trouble (Bloodbowl ftl)
Whippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series