Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops

Old 01-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
CM_Dopedog

Stuttering after awhile ... HELP!

Hello. Whenever I play Black Ops, I can play for around 10-15 minutes and then it starts to stutter (spike?), in multiplayer as in singleplayer... The game runs perfectly fine for the first 10-15 minutes and then it becomes unplayable. I've tried just about every tweak I found, in here and on other pages. Sometimes (very rarely) I can play fine for up to 45 minutes, but it's maybe every 20th time or so. What can the problem be ? I've tried Gamebooster, same result, and as I wrote, just about every tweak out there. I've defragmented the drive the game is on + defragged the cache files in steam. I've updated videocard, soundcard and bunch of other stuff on my computer, but yea, no luck so far. This is my last shot. If you guys can't help me, I'll stick to Modern Warfare 2 untill, hopefully, a patch comes out that might fix the problem.

My specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7550 @ 2.26GHz
4 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Graphics Card 1024 MB (2.7 GB in total)
Windows Vista 64 bit

Old 01-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
rocky6j

This is a game, it stutters for me too since release
rocky6j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
iltsoc

game just looooves quad cores and nothing less
iltsoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
Milwaukee

Have you checked heat temps while playing?
Milwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
CM_Dopedog

Actually I havent checked for that. Will try it and get back here
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
jmac79

I've had the same problem, but it seems to be worse with certain servers.
jmac79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #7
Fussi90

Im still hating the mouse smoothing that CANT BE TURNED ING OFF.

I know casual players wont notice it..but me and my friends DO.

blargblarg nerdrage.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
Fussi90

Im still hating the mouse smoothing that CANT BE TURNED ING OFF.

I know casual players wont notice it..but me and my friends DO.

blargblarg nerdrage.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
Gharjinn

Whatever I've tried and get I have the same problem so I don't play until it's fixed completely with a new patch.

Core2Quad 2.66 Ghz
Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P mainboard
3,25 gb ram
GTX 285 Amp! edition
Realtek HD onboard sound
Windows XP 32 bit
Old 01-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #10
CM_Dopedog

Just checked about the temperature with Core Temp. It's definitely not that, as my temperature was pretty steady, both before and after the stuttering
Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
dade_kash_xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by iltsoc View Post
game just looooves quad cores and nothing less
That's not true. I have a quad core CPU (AMD PHII BE x4 @ 3.64ghz) and after the 12/14 patch, my game stutters tremendously. I used to be able to run this game maxed out and get 120+ FPS. It makes no sense. I also have 2 Sapphire HD4850's in CrossfireX!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
dade_kash_xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac79 View Post
I've had the same problem, but it seems to be worse with certain servers.
A friend and I, ran sort of, a 'test'. We ran the game maxed out in Single Player. Result: No stutter. Then we ran Combat Training alone. Result: No Stutter. Then we joined each other in Combat Training. Result No Stutter. Then we joined a multiplayer match. Result: Massive stuttering.

I'm beginning to conclude that, it has something to do with the game receives and interprets data, on MP. I've also noticed, my CPU & GPU's fans' both slow down to 5-15% when the stuttering occurs.

I'm truly at a loss when it comes to troubleshooting this game. I've got a fix that will for sure work; TREYARCH UNDO THE 12/14 PATCH!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
Kaiserfu

As someone here told me: turn off router firewall(I have a netgear router, and it's called SPI Firewall). No more stuttering for me at all.
Kaiserfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
CM_Dopedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dade_kash_xD View Post
A friend and I, ran sort of, a 'test'. We ran the game maxed out in Single Player. Result: No stutter. Then we ran Combat Training alone. Result: No Stutter. Then we joined each other in Combat Training. Result No Stutter. Then we joined a multiplayer match. Result: Massive stuttering.

I'm beginning to conclude that, it has something to do with the game receives and interprets data, on MP. I've also noticed, my CPU & GPU's fans' both slow down to 5-15% when the stuttering occurs.

I'm truly at a loss when it comes to troubleshooting this game. I've got a fix that will for sure work; TREYARCH UNDO THE 12/14 PATCH!
Heard about that patch ing up alot ... Can't say for myself, as I first bought the game on 30/12 but yea, something really needs to be done. Please Treyarch, just do something!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops