Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online

Old 01-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
emperorjulian

HELP ASAP region info ?

I live in england, the price is £29.99 when i buy i will get the EU version of the game correct and not the american ?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #2
Geriden

Im from england aswell.

As far as i can tell regardless of where you purchase it from in the game SOE launcher you choose in the options whether you want to use the US or EU servers.

Despite being from the UK i'm probably going for the US PVP server anyways just wish this patching was so slow
Geriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
Diwrnach

Yep you can pick where you want to play.

BUT it does say MAKE SURE YOU PICK THE RIGHT LOCATION BEFORE PATCHING, so I can only assume that each region has a slightly different build.

Im on the Euro pvp server myself, not sure why someone in Europe would want to play on the US pvp server?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
emperorjulian

Is the game very active and populated ? i got a paranoia about mmo dieing and burning lol how many english servers are there pve and pvp ? and do you recomend me going pvp server ? i love pvp but not used to open world pvp since vanilla wow lol
emperorjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:05 AM   #5
Chizu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwrnach View Post
Im on the Euro pvp server myself, not sure why someone in Europe would want to play on the US pvp server?
Because alot of people, myself included, have friends who live in the US. I have more people I'd want to play with who live in the US than I do Europe.

Question:
Can you change regions whenever you like?
So I can play on europe servers for betting connection, and then switch it to us when I want to play with my friends? (I understand characters probably don't transfer between servers anyway)
Chizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 AM   #6
Geriden

I have a friend from greece currently playing on a US server, connection for him has been good and he lives alot further away than the UK is in relation to US.

So connection wise should be ok
Geriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:37 AM   #7
Diwrnach

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorjulian View Post
Is the game very active and populated ? i got a paranoia about mmo dieing and burning lol how many english servers are there pve and pvp ? and do you recomend me going pvp server ? i love pvp but not used to open world pvp since vanilla wow lol
Pop seems good, but blimey give it a chance, talking about death and only been online less than 24 hours.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online