Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online

Old 01-14-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
TekToniX

Question Options/setting not being saved

As te title says - Simply put I have to turn inverted camera on for my 360 cont.
Then I turn that damned music off.
And unfortunately I have to turn off my mic cause someone in the league im in doesnt realise his mic is loud and extremely laggy, dumb lol.

Can anyone help, ive tried the DCUO offical or so called official forum and had absaloutly no answer from anyone.

Ive noticed in another thread on another forum someone mentioned about a file called SaveData that is in the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dc universe online\UNREAL3\DCGAME. But its not there.
So im assuming that its not being created.

Any help would be Legendary :P

Peace
Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
TekToniX

Aint no one getting this. huh, Must be the fact that I moved my documents to D:\ Properly I might add.
TekToniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
solidusM

Do you see a folder titled Logs in your DC game folder under My Documents?
Open one of the logs, and see if it contains your latest session's time stamps.
If you don't see anything. Set logging to "Verbose" in your game Launcher. And then check again.

If logging works now, and you still can't save your settings, show the game logs.

But, if despite this, it doesn't log anything, I am positive you haven't moved your My Documents properly.

In which case: We enter Part-2 - which is:

In DEFAULTENGINE.ini under Steam\steamapps\common\dc universe online\UNREAL3\DCGAME\CONFIG, I see this class:

[Windows.StandardUser]
With this variable set: MyDocumentsSubDirName=DC Universe Online

I tried to find a list of variables defined in that class, but I couldn't.
I'd guess, assuming these variables aren't private, defining:
(one of these, or probably some combination I missed)
MyDocumentsPath=<newpath>
(or)
MyDocumentsDirPath=<newpath>
(or)
MyDocuments=<newpath>
(or)
MyDocumentsDir=<newpath>
(or even)
MyDocumentsSubDirPath=<newpath>

Would work.

In the worst case that this class could be probing your Windows profile configuration - and if your My Documents isn't in your Windows Partition, it's very unlikely that it would be updated in your Windows configuration files. In which case you'd have to put it back in your Major Windows drive(original path).

Last edited by solidusM: 01-14-2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added an instruction line before variable definitions
solidusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
TekToniX

Ok thx for the advice, I have moved my documents back to my main C:\,
I did a proper move the first time honestly :P

But still no joy. I have noticed that the savegame folder is in the installation folder, but the settings and values that are in the ini/cfg file do not have any effect ingame.

Im lost, I cant even play the game as the missions and NPC characters are just laggy as hell, Seems only me and two other people have this issue
Havent been able to fight or do missions all day.

Thx for reply anyway

Peace
TekToniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
solidusM

Hmm...

Have you checked this folder:
C:\Users\<yourwindowsid>\Documents\My Games\DC Universe Online\DCGame\ ?
(that is the correct path btw for windows 7)

I see two folders here: SaveData and a Logs folder.

SaveData has a TypeCprofile file. Which I'd assume saves my personal settings. And a chat settings file.

If you set your logging to "verbose" in the launcher Options menu, you can observe your recent games timestamps in the most recent 'Launch" in Logs.

Just make sure if this is working. I don't think there's a fault with the installation. The conf files in the installation folder are fail-safe/revert-back/default settings.

In case it doesn't log, you can just have a livechat or call the SOE support guys for a solution without the need to reinstall the game.

Last edited by solidusM: 01-14-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added complete path
Old 01-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
wingers17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekToniX View Post
As te title says - Simply put I have to turn inverted camera on for my 360 cont.
Then I turn that damned music off.
And unfortunately I have to turn off my mic cause someone in the league im in doesnt realise his mic is loud and extremely laggy, dumb lol.

Can anyone help, ive tried the DCUO offical or so called official forum and had absaloutly no answer from anyone.

Ive noticed in another thread on another forum someone mentioned about a file called SaveData that is in the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dc universe online\UNREAL3\DCGAME. But its not there.
So im assuming that its not being created.

Any help would be Legendary :P

Peace
don't know if it will help, but it worked for me, but my setting.ini was in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dc universe online\UNREAL3\DCGAME\savedata and the file name was setting.ini.
wingers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
solidusM

Hmm, that's very odd. I don't have a savedata folder there. The only data folder I see is in the DC folder in My Documents.

wingers17, did you have the same problem(s) as TeKToniX?

Maybe if it doesn't find a proper path to your User documents folder, it saves in it's install directories.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online