Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Resident Evil series > Resident Evil 5

Old 01-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
impossiblemagic

Exclamation actual controller bug.

So, I really like the controls for this game, however, the bindings for the right stick (camera) are rotated 90 degrees, so up looks right, left looks up, down looks left, etc.

I am thinking this is a bug, and not intentional. It is consistent with all control types A-D. I am using a PS2 controller through a USB adaptor... I have heard the XBOX 360 wired controller is ideal, so I'm hoping this will solve my problem, cause I just bought one now on EBAY, cause I am tired of waiting to play this game!

I was just wondering if anyone else came across the same thing... I browsed halfway through the forum history and found nothing, so I'm guessing not. Let me know if you've had or heard of the same trouble, I'll let you know if the hardware fix works.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
impossiblemagic

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1051393

Someone else had the same problem. No word on what worked. Nice to see that there are controller settings, wish that had been more obvious, though I did bork up the controls while messing with it. The xbox controller emulator mentioned didnt seem to work immediately.

I'll just wait it out and let you know how the 360 controller goes. I hate messing with this stuff, and I've got too many other games to play. Dead Space, here I come.

Last edited by impossiblemagic: 01-15-2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: why ask why?
impossiblemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
bigdog4215

before you select dx9 or 10,at the top on right you see language and settings.Go to settings and select gamepad type 2,it worked for me
bigdog4215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
jasonbecker83

well you can do as bigdog4215 says or you can try using the xbox360 controller emulator that you can find here
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list
If I use my crappy trust gamepad without this while in game I see things like press (3) to do something...with xboxce I see the xbox gamepad buttons and it's easier to play...expecially because my trust game pad has the cross square circle triangle layout... so you can't know what's the (3) button.
Pm me if you need help configuring it...even if I don't think so... It's really easy to use
jasonbecker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
impossiblemagic

well, I got the XBOX 360 controller, but the game keeps defaulting, I believe, to the Gamepad Type 1 - every time I set it (in the launcher window) to another type #, it runs the game with the same wrong scheme... button A is bound to the B button, and start to the Rstick button... and is reset to type one when I restart the game.

I'll give the controller emulator a shot, and I'll let you know. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
impossiblemagic

So, with the x360ce program, I get a System Error: "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

The download I found was just the x360ce.exe file, no other files, no installer.

Thanks for any more help you can offer.

rant: What happened to the days of pressing a button to bind it to the action you want the button to perform? Why is that not an option anymore? /rant
Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
impossiblemagic

Okay, so a reinstall fixed my problems. The new Xbox 360 controller via USB is working great, is a nice controller, and cost about 22 bucks total buying it now on ebay direct from Hong Kong. Actually a very nice controller, and fixed a few other problems I was having. So I would recommend this solution.

Hopefully someone will find this helpful, thanks for the advice.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Resident Evil series > Resident Evil 5