Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 01-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Albatross-95

Exclamation Dog spawning

Okay, so my problem is everytime I go near Fox [the Loner you save from the dogs in cordan] a pack of around 7 dogs will appear and kill him before I get there.

I have positioned myself so i can see him, and zoomed in with the binoculars.
I was walking forward while still zoomed in and suddenly, dogs spawn right on top of him. Literally.

It is physically impossible for me to save fox before the dogs kill him.

I'll post screenshots if I can work out how to.

Any help on this topic would be appreciated. Although the only way I can see past it would be to edit all.spawn, which is very confusing.

EDIT: Yeah, I have no idea how to post screenshots here.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
marie pavie

Try coming in from a different direction, & run also. Usually they'll come from around that little house.
marie pavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Jashin

Banned
That's not right, dogs are not suppose to attack till after you've reached him and given him the medkit.

Also SOC doesn't spawn anything "right on top," npcs are spawned in a distance, sometimes on another map and then migrate to their spot.
Jashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Bad_Motha

Banned
NPCs usually spawn off-map or a good distance from where they actually plan on heading to. But Mutants do not. They have fairly specific spawn points. For some of them what spawns at a certain spot can be random. But packs of dogs and such usually have preset scripted spawn points that don't really change.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #5
P.M.

Banned
The dogs shouldn't even spawn until you give him a medkit.

I'm betting ten bucks you're playing with mods. And well, that voids your warranty!
P.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
Albatross-95

I'll upload the screen-shots for you to see.
And it doesn't matter where I come from, they always spawn in the same spot and kill fox.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #7
Oliolli

The only time I've seen mutants spawn was (with OL) in the Wild Territory after a blowout. A huge pack of mutants appeared right in front of me. Took a long time to clear them out.

Never seen those dogs spawn near Fox though, Im putting another ten bucks into the betting pool.
Oliolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:12 AM   #8
GuardianAngel42

Using Complete 2009 dogs would spawn right in front of me in the Wild Territory of SoC. As I hadn't completed SoC Vanilla before applying the mod I don't really know if that changed anything.

And I'm in. I also raise you 10, making it 20 bucks.

Top that boyos.
GuardianAngel42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #9
Bad_Motha

Banned
In Wild Territory this is normal for Dogs, Rats and other types to spawn right at the entrance area leading to Rostek/Bar. This was in vanilla too. After you've been to Yanov and then back again later on. Mutants run ramped in Wild Territory.

And no I never in all the years (I've been through SoC over 50 times) seen dogs spawn right in or around Fox's little camp fire there. They always come from behind the shack next to Fox's location, from the north (rear of the shack) and then come running in to attack Fox.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series