Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Space series

Old 04-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #91
Corrodias

Zefar, i appreciate that you don't think it's a hard path to follow, but you didn't actually give me a good reason that i should have to. I know the implication: I should have to because EA says i should have to, and i don't get to play the game if i don't jump through their hoops or go around them. I am content not playing. It is just a game.

In case you wonder why i'm posting at all, it is perhaps in the hope that someone will pause to think about how important this is to them. Whichever way they decide, i always approve of buyers being more aware of what they're buying.
Corrodias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #92
byblo

Bah, I'm tired to wait for common sense from those guys. Removed DS2 from wishlist.
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #93
C2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrix89 View Post
If you read further down on the games storepage it says a deauthorization tool will be available, same as Bad Company 2 and other recently released EA games. All of which had the DRM patched out of the steam versions shortly after release, Dead Space 2 will be no different.

It's only a couple of older EA games like Crysis and Crysis Warhead that for some reason still have DRM.

Over a year and a half a ago... how ironic.
C2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #94
IamthebestRobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefar View Post
Well if you fail at the simple task of just keeping it installed on your main PC and not EVERY single PC you can find out there. Like going to an Internet Cafê and you'll instantly go "DOWNLOAD DEAD SPACE 2 AND THEN RUN!" so if you're the type that does this you should probably stay clear of this title. People with a more reasonable mind and able to just keep these type of games installed on one or two PC and it will be just fine.
A snotty, unhelpful response that makes no sense at all. It's not reasonable to assume someone is going to leave a game installed on their machine indefinitely. Things like catastrophic drive failure or machine upgrades are legitimate changes - and I doubt some garbage DRM is going to be able to differentiate between an OS reload or a new machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2012 View Post
Over a year and a half a ago... how ironic.
One page back it looks like that wasn't actually the case and Solidshield is still in there.
IamthebestRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #95
C2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamthebestRobot View Post

One page back it looks like that wasn't actually the case and Solidshield is still in there.
Ironic that it was still there and he said it would be removed right after release... A year and a half later and it is still there... (to be more specific for you)
C2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #96
IamthebestRobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2012 View Post
Ironic that it was still there and he said it would be removed right after release... A year and a half later and it is still there... (to be more specific for you)
Ah, got you. Sorry, I misunderstood.

FWIW DS2 looks like a wonderful game. For 5 bucks I think it would be worth buying even with horrible DRM, though I could understand forgoing that for the sake of principle.
IamthebestRobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Space series