Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 10-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #196
Chill Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protimuous View Post
You also have to understand that the other engie's cant see your buildings health. Have you tried to communicate via in game chat?
"hey my sentry is low, mind fixing it for me while I'm spawning?" I myself wont notice if a sentry is low unless its engulfed in full flames or after a battle when I'm on my runs to repair my buildings.
Just my 2 cents.
Other engies can see any sentry , or buildings health by looking it at. Its just a nice thing to do , well also helping your team by repairing friendly buildings.
And on the asking them to fix while your dead , is completely useless thing to do , seeing as how people that are alive cannot hear people that are dead. So screaming at people while your dead doesnt really do much lol .
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #197
woolworm

Angry people on the internet.
woolworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #198
litleloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCanary View Post
Don't mock the hats, I used them to buy TFC.
Now i know i'm not the only one who bought TFC with Hats.
litleloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #199
RealDealReece

there are no "stronger weapons" 99% of the weapons in game are balanced and thew that are overpowered arent enough to drasticallychange the game
RealDealReece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #200
Saru Ouji

I played the 360 version first, as I am a console gamer. It was fun, simple and a lot of the people who play don't know what to do. However they become skilled in the small amount of areas they get and like playing them.

It was very fun and was comical how many glitches you could do.

That being said I have also played the PC version. It is very very fun and is like comparing an island to a continent. It is so much bigger and varied. I love it. Although sometimes it is overwhelming, with all of the new guns hats and nonsense. And some classes can't even be used in some maps because their class is overwhelmed completely (scout in a lot of levels)

I like both (i still play the pc version with the controller for my own preference) If you want a simple game you can play any class with, play the xbox. If you want a crazy elastic bombastic (sometimes unfair) battle, play on pc! I like em both and see pros to both.
Saru Ouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #201
Chill Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSkybox View Post
Yeah most weapons are fine. There are a few that are just annoying and give people the illusion that they possess skill even though they do not. The weapons do not have any drastic effects on the game to a point where it is absolutely impossible to play.
Direct hit , lolwut. (actually soldier in general, I mean how are you supposed to beat a rocket carrying space marine with infinite secondary ammo that can run away faster than a scout when hes injured.)
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #202
DudeSonic1

The folowing quote from the article. It is refering to the Spy, Engineer, and Pyro.

Quote:
It used to take skill to be on the top of teams as these three classes. Now it's easy.
I have no words to describe this stupidity.
Maybe if the Spy is Dr. Enforcicle, but this was written before that happened.

Quote:
The problem with Team Fortress 2 on PC is that it is more about what items you have rather than your actual skill level.
Plenty of vanilla-only players are going to prove you wrong on that one. I'm not one but I've seen great ones.

Quote:
There's no reason that another player should be able to temporarily become invincible when I can't just because he randomly found an item named "Bonk! Atomic Punch."
You can't attack or cap while using it. It's balanced.

About your complaint about premium servers......... How about you just don't get on them? I have no trouble avoiding them.

Last edited by DudeSonic1: 01-01-2012 at 04:38 PM.
DudeSonic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #203
Brucie

I enjoy both versions tbh. Interesting write up OP.
Brucie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #204
L'Assassino

I respect your opinion that TF2 is better on consoles. And I agree. I play it a lot more on the 360 than PC because I find it more enjoyable. Ever since new weapons and hats were introduced on the PC, that's what players are in to now. All they want to do is trade their hats for shizz like metal, keys, games etc, and the worst things are Unusuals: Why on earth would you pay over £1000 for a VIRTUAL HAT? Vanilla TF2 is basic, but it's better! Console players actually play the game for what it is, a proper FPS. Even if Valve suddenly announced to update consoles, I would stick to stock because I've learned to LOVE TF2 that way. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels the same.
L'Assassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #205
ChrisAKAPiefish

Coming back to this thread after playing TF2 on PC a lot makes me chuckle. I now realise the only people saying xbox is better than pc are the people who can't play it on PC. Only reason. There is no reason not to play TF2 on PC. It's just better.
ChrisAKAPiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #206
DavyinaToga

Can we lock this ancient flamebait of a thread yet?
DavyinaToga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:21 AM   #207
forerodestim

What´s next? HL2 best version is PS3?
forerodestim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #208
forerodestim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAKAPiefish View Post
Coming back to this thread after playing TF2 on PC a lot makes me chuckle. I now realise the only people saying xbox is better than pc are the people who can't play it on PC. Only reason. There is no reason not to play TF2 on PC. It's just better.
It may be surprising for us, but many people cannot handle kb+mouse (in 2012).
forerodestim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #209
totterymanx

My first experience with TF2 was on Xbox as well. I played that game until I became sick of it. The first time I played TF2 on PC I was a little overwhelmed honestly. I wasn't comfortable with a m+kb set up and it took months to fully adapt. In the beginning I thought it sucked compared to console, but that's only because I sucked lol. Now that I have adapted there is no way in hell I would ever go back to the console version or mumble it was better.
totterymanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #210
Chill Dude

Ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jpg

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box