Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Arx Fatalis

Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
kduf

Win7 issues

I just bought the game yesterday, running on a win7 64bit alienware, already set the arx.exe in compatibility mode Win 98, and run as administrator, and the game still isn't working.

If i look at Processes when i launch the game, a process comes up named arx.exe *32, and then dissapears 5 seconds later. just a hunch, but i do not know how to fix this game!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
necronom

quicksave saved my gaming...

try quicksaving every minute or so...seriously every 60 seconds-this seemed to stabalize the game. If you experience any lag or stuttering ,quick save. just set your quicksave key to something easy to get at and use it alot.i also quick save after every cinematic,fight,chest,or quest talking. its a pain at first but after a while you wont even notice having to push quicksave all the time.
necronom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Stixsworld

Umm if you guys were smart and read the latest changelog info about the latest patch(s) for the game you would already know that the game is Win 7 compatible now hence you do not need to run the .exe file in compatibility mode...

Game is should and well does for me run 100% better than before the very last patch came out for it...

and what OS do I use? I use Win 7 Home Edition 64-bit...so ya...

---Stixsmaster
Stixsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
JBBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixsworld View Post
Umm if you guys were smart and read the latest changelog info about the latest patch(s) for the game you would already know that the game is Win 7 compatible now hence you do not need to run the .exe file in compatibility mode...

Game is should and well does for me run 100% better than before the very last patch came out for it...

and what OS do I use? I use Win 7 Home Edition 64-bit...so ya...

---Stixsmaster
That's nice. I use Win7 64bit. Until I set it to compatibility mode, I had crashes, I had speeded up action- I had problems.

Set to Win98 compatibility mode, with Admin rights. No more crashee, no more speedee. It would seem that different systems- are different!

Whooda thunk it?

Last edited by JBBooks: 01-27-2011 at 09:31 AM.
JBBooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Arx Fatalis