Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 01-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
Bl@ck

Question Need some good servers

Pretty much every game I've played in the last 2 weeks has been horribly unbalanced. Can anyone give me some BC2 vanilla servers to check out that actually have balanced matches? Preferably east coast US.

Thanks

Last edited by Bl@ck: 01-27-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
bejayel

You'd have to find servers that didn't allow the recon kit, and that simple won't happen.
bejayel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Bl@ck

Fantastic. So why bother then?
Bl@ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
PsylentStorm

Preferred settings? Just straight vanilla, or do you open to the idea with FF on, no 3D spotting, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejayel View Post
You'd have to find servers that didn't allow the recon kit, and that simple won't happen.
Completely disagree. If I learned anything in TF2, the bad players typically take the limited spots. I've played on effective teams where 1/3 of the team were recon. Not sniping, but recon. Plenty of motion balls, effective killers with RDS, shotguns, or G3s. And you want to limit that?
PsylentStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
Hifonics

Quote:
I've played on effective teams where 1/3 of the team were recon. Not sniping, but recon. Plenty of motion balls, effective killers with RDS, shotguns, or G3s. And you want to limit that?
assault wookies ftw! lol
Hifonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
neuromancer

Since all the new blood came into the game during the holiday sale I have found at least 95% of the matches I have played were a one sided pounding with one team utterly dominating the other; Very few of them have been good, close matches. I think we just need to give it a month or two for the noobs to no longer be noobs.
neuromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
Mikeedude

I was on a server the other day that randomized the teams afeter 2 rounds on each map, which was cool.
If you lose one round with a team badly you know its not going to improve next round, so finding a server that changed that formula was a pleasant surprise.
Shame I cant find its name in my history
Mikeedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
PsylentStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeedude View Post
I was on a server the other day that randomized the teams afeter 2 rounds on each map, which was cool.
If you lose one round with a team badly you know its not going to improve next round, so finding a server that changed that formula was a pleasant surprise.
IIRC, the reddit servers do that.
PsylentStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
praetorian42

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
I think we just need to give it a month or two for the noobs to no longer be noobs.
lol, I swear I'm getting better!
praetorian42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
Bl@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeedude View Post
If you find this, please post. I will also check out the reddit servers.

@PsylentStorm - any settings are preferred. I would rather close matches than a specific game type. I like them all.
Bl@ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
Mikeedude

Depends what you class as a close game as well. Most servers do 200-300 tickets so if they have less than say 35 at the end it is close enough for me.
I love the games where it ends and you hadnt a clue who was winning as you were too involved in the game. I had a 0-0 game the other day but we still lost.
Mikeedude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series