Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Slicky456
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 27
Supremem Commander 2 Steam asking for a long serial key

Ok i just bought supreme commander2 and id like to play, Its asking for a 25 product key and my supreme commander only came with a 16 long cd key wtf is this? I cant install supreme commander help please!

Its a small black and red little paper, That says "Product Registration Card" and its giving me a serial Code at the bottom which only contains 16 letters/numbers, and steam is asking for a product code of 25 letters/numbers...

Last edited by Slicky456: 01-27-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Slicky456 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
Jagged Tooth
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Reputation: 1120
Posts: 3,111
I'm assuming you bought the game retail as the Steam version doesn't have a key at all.

Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

Double check that is the key you are meant to be entering. If it still isn't working contact Steam Support.
Jagged Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
Slicky456
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged Tooth View Post
I'm assuming you bought the game retail as the Steam version doesn't have a key at all.

Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

Double check that is the key you are meant to be entering. If it still isn't working contact Steam Support.


I bought the game, at ebgames and it gave me a

http://member.square-enix.com/na/img...k_reg_card.jpg

Pleaese look at that picture! That is exactly what the code looks like its 16 digits long but steam required me to put a 25 code in so Please help!

and thats all their is absolutly no other cd keys that came with the game, and when i try to install supreme commander 2, the cd key that i have here is 16 digits steam requires 25 digit long product code i have tried it but doesnt work

Last edited by Slicky456: 01-28-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Slicky456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
Jagged Tooth
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Reputation: 1120
Posts: 3,111
I would contact Steam Support to see if there is some new CD Key system that Steam doesn't support yet, failing that I would return it.
Jagged Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #5
Slicky456
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged Tooth View Post
I would contact Steam Support to see if there is some new CD Key system that Steam doesn't support yet, failing that I would return it.


Ok well you have looked at the picture hey? And count the digits only 16 their and when i go to install supreme commander before even installing it! it asks to activated the game on steam and i cant so i cant even install the game at all
Slicky456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
Slicky456
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicky456 View Post
Ok well you have looked at the picture hey? And count the digits only 16 their and when i go to install supreme commander before even installing it! it asks to activated the game on steam and i cant so i cant even install the game at all
BUMP!! Still waiting for Steam to reply. Issue not solved!
Slicky456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
snapjak
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 1497
Posts: 4,478
You may need to take it back to EB, or contact Square-Enix to request a new key.
snapjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
kav2k
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 312
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicky456 View Post
I bought the game, at ebgames and it gave me a

http://member.square-enix.com/na/img...k_reg_card.jpg

Pleaese look at that picture! That is exactly what the code looks like its 16 digits long but steam required me to put a 25 code in so Please help!
No matter how I look at this sample picture it still looks like 25 characters to me. :P
kav2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
Seth.Sekhmet
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Reputation: 1848
Posts: 3,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicky456 View Post
Ok well you have looked at the picture hey? And count the digits only 16 their and when i go to install supreme commander before even installing it! it asks to activated the game on steam and i cant so i cant even install the game at all
Looking at the picture you posted, I can clearly see the CDkey format is the following:

5 A's // 5 B's // 5 C's // 5 D's // 5 E's // 4 -'s

This makes the CDkey 25 characters LONG. Check the Product Registration Card again.

What you are looking for should be similar to this: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/918...commander2.jpg
Seth.Sekhmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
Evo Nightmare
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 153
Posts: 381
I pulled out my SC2 box and found two cards in the box.

One is like the image the OP linked, except it only has 16 digits AAAA-BBBB-CCCC DDDD. This is used to register, not activate, the game on SquareEnix's site.

The other is grey, about the size of the manual and says, Steam Registration Code, in the 25 digit code format that support lists.

I'd check the box again. If it's not there, it sounds like it is missing.
Evo Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
lonefalcon
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 39
Posts: 377
l open my retail case and l have 2 keys 123456-123-123456-123 that key on paper slip thats if you what to be a member with square enix the other key on back of manual is steams key is in this format 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
lonefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
Slicky456
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kav2k View Post
No matter how I look at this sample picture it still looks like 25 characters to me. :P


ok my bad, But my code i got looks 100% like that only that its like this

1234-1234-1234-1234 4 numbers 4 sections, Doesnt = 25

Thats what my card looks like 16 digits So its really unfortunate i cant play steam i contacted enix!
Slicky456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
Slicky456
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth.Sekhmet View Post
Looking at the picture you posted, I can clearly see the CDkey format is the following:

5 A's // 5 B's // 5 C's // 5 D's // 5 E's // 4 -'s

This makes the CDkey 25 characters LONG. Check the Product Registration Card again.

What you are looking for should be similar to this: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/918...commander2.jpg

K well than it looks like i never got a cd key with the game, I have the game, Case, Receipt and all It makes me angry that enix forgot to insert the cd key cause apperently their are 2 keys Once just for free stuff and the other is actually for the game. the screenshot you showed me, I havnt received anything like that, The game was packaged and all with plastic wrapping to so it was never used. Really upset But than ill have to wait for enix to reply to me. How will they know that im not just looking for a cd key? I have the game the Barcode, reciept and all.... http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...456/seee-1.jpg

hard to see but you can see that i never recieved a key at all. Only key i recieved was what i have showed u in the screenshot i found on google only mine contains only 16 letters/numbers
Slicky456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
Silicon Vampire
 
Silicon Vampire's Avatar
 
Volunteer Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2003
Reputation: 3946
Posts: 17,602
Since you can't activate the game because of the missing key, you must continue to take it up with the publisher and/or the retailer. These forums can not help further.

__________________
Nothing to see here
Silicon Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #15
Slicky456
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Vampire View Post
Since you can't activate the game because of the missing key, you must continue to take it up with the publisher and/or the retailer. These forums can not help further.
Roger That, Contacted Enix yesterday via ticket, Now my ticket is GONE so i resent a ticket, Thx for the help anyways!
Slicky456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.