Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Breach

Old 01-29-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
mariomaster

are we playing the same game?

all across this forum i mostly see people saying the game is . when i play the only problem is finding a game, otherwise its nearly perfect and better than cs and cod besides sound quality.

graphics are also actually good

Old 01-29-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
Exetus

I can only states that I agree with you Mario, I enjoy the game and graphics are good. Too many spoiled people in here.
Exetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:29 AM   #3
KDR_11k

Dunno, it feels weird at times like whether bullets hit/don't hit. Also the design of that Ascent map seems pretty awful, there's two paths between the two team sides and one of them is destructible, creating a massive chokepoint that can be shot at from almost everywhere.

I'm not a big fan of CoD-style hide and seek shooting though, at least in multiplayer.
KDR_11k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:42 AM   #4
JoyL

I hope in a lot of new map and weapon a mod tool!! I didn't think in steam there were so many unpolite and immature people. I play videogames (on pc) for 15 years, there so many configuration that isn't impossible that someone it hasn't no problem. For explample, me except the lag, I have no crash, I've noticed some glitch but nothing impossible with a patch. Magicka indeed have already some patch but I cannot still playing and the game has a terrible framerate for a gtx460. If you don't have problem play with console. Sorry for my english but it isn't my first language
JoyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
mariomaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDR_11k View Post
Dunno, it feels weird at times like whether bullets hit/don't hit. Also the design of that Ascent map seems pretty awful, there's two paths between the two team sides and one of them is destructible, creating a massive chokepoint that can be shot at from almost everywhere.

I'm not a big fan of CoD-style hide and seek shooting though, at least in multiplayer.
yeah, i dont really like ascent either compared to other maps, but its still not bad, at least it looks good.

i swear, buying this was a lot better than anything i planned on spending my money on
Old 01-29-2011, 03:57 AM   #6
Exetus

Think about it this way, a stupid "3D" movie is 12 dollars minimum.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #7
Njord19

Banned
I love this game and hope dedicated servers come soon so more people can play! Everyone hates this but you should give indie games a chance! I dont really like indie stuff much but if i'll still buy it and give it a chance. Just coz all the spoilt cod Hammer Legion Members hate it coz it doesnt rely on a shoot, go prone, die system doesnt mean its crap. Reminds me of BF2 (Not bad company though that game is overrated!)
Njord19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:07 AM   #8
mariomaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njord19 View Post
I love this game and hope dedicated servers come soon so more people can play! Everyone hates this but you should give indie games a chance! I dont really like indie stuff much but if i'll still buy it and give it a chance. Just coz all the spoilt cod Hammer Legion Members hate it coz it doesnt rely on a shoot, go prone, die system doesnt mean its crap. Reminds me of BF2 (Not bad company though that game is overrated!)
i agree with everything except bc2 being overrated lol, the fact i play bc2 got me looking at this, and some similar tactics apply between games, just with added vehicles in bc2, and more buildings.

but also, cods the overrated game, almost anything can beat it gameplay wise, but the airconditioned youths still like it and have large numbers. therefore when they play a tactical game like breach they rage because the ground collapsed beneath them while they were sniping
Old 01-29-2011, 04:48 AM   #9
egghead

The last 2 games i bought on steam are Magicka and Breach and both are awesome titles. Breach is the better BC2 Squad rush. I Love BC2 but the availability of RPG's and 40mm everywhere on the map kills Squad rush. This game tries to be smarter on that and its not EA so we have a chance to see a Map editor and maybe some moding tools. So think twice if you want to complain about a small studio which is trying to fix their game as fast as they can rather than the big companies which wont care about you after you bought their crap.
egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:03 AM   #10
mariomaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead View Post
The last 2 games i bought on steam are Magicka and Breach and both are awesome titles. Breach is the better BC2 Squad rush. I Love BC2 but the availability of RPG's and 40mm everywhere on the map kills Squad rush. This game tries to be smarter on that and its not EA so we have a chance to see a Map editor and maybe some moding tools. So think twice if you want to complain about a small studio which is trying to fix their game as fast as they can rather than the big companies which wont care about you after you bought their crap.
i dont think bc2's rpg's and grenade launchers were op, unless used to destroy the objective, but yeah, it does seem like a better version of squad rush.

also, is magica any good? been thinking about getting it
Old 01-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #11
Exetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariomaster View Post
i dont think bc2's rpg's and grenade launchers were op, unless used to destroy the objective, but yeah, it does seem like a better version of squad rush.

also, is magica any good? been thinking about getting it
I think he means in the fact that you dont have an unlimited amount of them to use, once a stash is out it is out, unlike ammo boxes in bc2.

I dont miss rocket and nade spam from that game
Old 01-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #12
MPGeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exetus View Post
Think about it this way, a stupid "3D" movie is 12 dollars minimum.
100% correct, I spent my 12 bucks on this breach 3d movie. All 3 Hours of it! I was going to give it up after the first hour, but then gave it a fair go and well.

It is not a game for me, I don't care for the 12 bucks, I just wanted a game to enjoy.

Breach was good while it lasted.
MPGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #13
KDR_11k

Maybe it depends on the map you start on, Ascent is awful but Passage is fun.
KDR_11k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #14
Heids24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariomaster View Post
all across this forum i mostly see people saying the game is . when i play the only problem is finding a game, otherwise its nearly perfect and better than cs and cod besides sound quality.

graphics are also actually good
Finding a game? I've had no issues finding a game. But perhaps I was plaing during a peak time.

I do agree, the game is a lot of fun. I good example of not judging a book by its cover. Graphics and sound are blah, but gameplay is great.
Heids24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #15
winnythemini

Maybe we are playing the same game but I got the feeling that the guys who are like "yeah everything´s allright" are playing breach on their consoles. lol
Everyone who plays on PC should know about the bugs and the connection problems.
winnythemini is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Breach