Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops

Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
skidatel

do you earn more xp in normal mode ?

heya all, wanted to know. do ya earn more xp in normal mode or is it the same as hardcore? i notice alot more 10-20k xp things poping up on my screen on noraml.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
dylanstrategie

Bonus don't pop up on Hardcore, but you still win them

Part of the HUD removal in Harcore
dylanstrategie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
TracerNZ

Check the match summary thing at the end of the match to see which challenges you completed in hardcore matches. They work exactly the same only they don't annoyingly pop up during the game like they do in softcore.
TracerNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
skidatel

ty aaaaaa
skidatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
zenologic

some things are easier to earn in soft core.
flack jacket pro is impossible to earn in hardcore.
zenologic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
Imback

Most of the perk challenges are WAY easier to earn in softcore, yes.
I also noticed that i earn much more XP in softcore but perhaps it is just that it happened to be that i finished more challenges while playing it so i got that impression. However, i am not sure that you get all the xp bonuses in hardcore that there are in softcore such as headshots, buzzkills, bankshots, etc. I mean, it wouldn't make much sense if there was more XP in soft but then again, this game doesn't make too much sense in other areas as well so i wouldn't be surprised.
Can anyone elaborate on this with some facts, please? I always wanted to know this.

Cheers

Last edited by Imback: 01-30-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #7
skidatel

lol ya, I don't even bother trying to get pro in perks while i'm leveling. If i get em i get em. i prestiege too fast.
skidatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #8
Imback

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidatel View Post
lol ya, I don't even bother trying to get pro in perks while i'm leveling. If i get em i get em. i prestiege too fast.
I prestige quite fast too but some perks i get to pro really even without paying too much attention to and yet i do need them to be pro so it's a win - win situation. Some of those perks that i earn while playing DEM, DOM and FFA are SoH pro, FJ pro, SA pro (i just need it for pro for faster aim down sight after running, barely every use hip fire except for extreme close range combat or with more enemies in front of me), TacMask pro and Warlord pro.
Those are not that hard to get to pro in the first place and it doesn't interfere with your leveling up, at least in my case.
However, some other perks are really nasty to get in one prestige. I mean, ofc you can get them but it takes more time and adjustment (ie ghost, ninja, hacker, marathon, scout, etc).

Cheers

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops