Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APOX

Old 01-31-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Autonym

Repairing/Recycling Damaged Weapons?

Something I've come across where I'll take out an enemy mortar unit (pesky little buggers) and will then snag his mortar... only to discover I must have shot through it to kill him, as it's damaged.

It would be handy to have the ability for the barracks to perhaps have an 'armorer' feature/function that could repair these broken weapons.

Just a thought...

Old 01-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Sniperz37

Yes, that would be cool.I've thought of that too and have been asked by teammates "can I fix this gun somewhere".
Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
oliathsg

Oh YES that would be great.

Of course it would need to be balanced carefully.

My fear is this:

If you are picking up lots of weapons it generally means you are killing lots of people. Therefore you don't really need an additional advantage!
oliathsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
ashwinsudhir

This came up for discussion in a lot of threads. We had thought of having the ability to repair weapons but eventually decided against it because then potentially weapons could hang around for ever; especially since in APOX healing is always free.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 AM   #5
jbmac03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
This update is planned for release in mid February.

Confirmed Changes

1) Cooldown timer for tossing grenades (2.5 seconds). If you have a group a guys, you can still spam grenades, but the limit is one 2.5 seconds per soldier.

2) Grenade order menu shown even if groups are selected. (Currently only shown if one soldier is selected.)

3) Option to click past mission/tutorial dialogs without waiting.

4) Metal drops increase resource production for refinery, gas station, salvage yard, and ammo factory. Store metal in the structure for a 20% bonus.

5) Several AI bug fixes and several crash fixes.

6) Automatic weapon repairing at the mechanic.
Now which one of you is lying? lol. I hope it isn't true. It should cost salvage! Make a button in the soldier menu for it. There is lots of room. It will just make them walk to repair bay and cost salvage. Mechanic + Med bay side by side = ultimate bunker. You could place HMG and RPG in both and stay forever.

Last edited by jbmac03: 02-01-2011 at 01:30 AM.
jbmac03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
oliathsg

Ha yeah.
Actually the more i think about it the worse the idea is.

Its good that weapons degrade and eventually fail. Its saved my neck a few times too.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:38 AM   #7
ashwinsudhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmac03 View Post
Now which one of you is lying? lol. I hope it isn't true. It should cost salvage! Make a button in the soldier menu for it. There is lots of room. It will just make them walk to repair bay and cost salvage. Mechanic + Med bay side by side = ultimate bunker. You could place HMG and RPG in both and stay forever.
Nom nom nom. Words are indeed tasty.
Well somebody just got there wish; weapons will be repairable in the next update like Mark said
Old 02-01-2011, 03:18 AM   #8
oliathsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsudhir View Post
Nom nom nom. Words are indeed tasty.
Lol
Old 02-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
jbmac03

Mark said if they bring any problems that it can be easily changed to cost salvage. I think too many people ask for something before they think it through. I found myself many times going out of my way to pick up valuable weapons because I couldn't afford to buy new ones or mine were broke. Weapons used by those in vehicles never have to be replaced either. No more relief when you bust someone's rpg launcher because they'll be back in 10 seconds.
jbmac03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #10
-IH@WKI-

Only damaged weapons can be repaired.
if weapon breaks then its gone.
-IH@WKI- is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APOX