Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Old 01-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Zealapeal

Nein! "You cannot play / edit this mission..."

I'm having... trouble. I've just purchased ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, and from what I've played off the demo and on the limited amount of servers I've been able to join, I LOVE THIS GAME. Devastating how one move could end your life right there, yet reinvigorating when a planned attack comes together perfectly.

However, this little enemy of mine, an error so to speak, constantly says to me, "You cannot play / edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content. CA_Wheeled2_BTR90, warfare2vehicles, CA_Wheeled2_LAV25" or something incredibly similar (I have the vehicle names right, not sure about the beginnings). This happens on multiple servers, and it confuses and frustrates me more than anything else in the game. The fact I can't join 95% of servers due to this error, or something similar, ticks me off.

Any assistance on this matter? Hopefully it doesn't involve buying anything, but it if does, tell me now!

Thanks for your time and effort,
-Zealapeal

Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
vohk

I am not absolutely certain about those specific resources, but they make me think that those servers are running Combined Operations* and you're not. If you get the exact error messages, you can plug those into a search to be sure. It could be an install/patching error so verifying the cache wouldn't hurt, but I doubt that's it.

*'Combined Operations' means having both OA and ArmA2 installed, and running OA in such a manner that it loads the A2 content as well (See the FAQ). Many OA servers occasionally (or always) run missions requiring A2 content as well. CO is also the name of the pack you can find in various stores containing both A2+OA, but you don't need to buy the pack; you can run CO with any copy of A2 and OA.
vohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Murcielago_ESP

Hi mate!

Your problem is easy! In order to play Arma 2 on multiplayer you will need 2 things: latest pach and run Arma 2 Combined Operations (This is Arma 2 Arrowhead + Arma 2 + DLCs). This will allow to play standard games (The most of them) but some times you will need to have the same mods than server. The Arma 2 AO server list tell to you which mods you need to have installed in order to play the selected server. If you need anything => Armaholic.com is my favorite Arma/Arma2 page. You will find all there!

Arma 2 AO Patch?

Because you are using a steam game you don't need to look for updates but.

How to play Arma 2 Combined Operations?

Easy, go to your steam games (steam software) / then do right click on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead / and select "Launch ARMA2: Combined Operations"

Or... You can run or create a shorcut of this file: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\_runA2CO.cmd

I hope I will see you soon... At Arma world!

[MIC] Murcielago

Last edited by Murcielago_ESP: 02-01-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Murcielago_ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
Zealapeal

Excellence! However, I just bought Arma II: Operation Arrowhead. So, is there a way to get a discount on getting the original Arma II?

Also, with the DLC's, do 'lite' packs do the trick? I got both of the 'lite' versions with AII_AO so...

Thanks for your time and effort,
-Zealapeal
Old 02-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
maturin

The discount is through buying them both together, which you unfortunately didn't do.

The DLC Lite packs work were released to keep multiplayer compatible, so they will worl. You just don't have the SP missions built in.
maturin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
Murcielago_ESP

Lite packs are same thing but in very poor resolution. I have all DLCs and they worth it. I have 2xArma 2 + 2xArrowhead + BAF DLC + PMC DLC. I love this game!
Murcielago_ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
Zealapeal

Thumbs up

Haha, I've experienced the horribly poor resolution with those lite packs. Excellence, however! I shall be counting my money...

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead