Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magicka

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Paradox__rep

Paradox
Exclamation Changelog for Patch #6 1.3.3.5 - February 1st

(Follow www.twitter.com/magickagame for up to date info - remember that devs/publisher are in Sweden - Central European Time)

Are you playing the game on a laptop? Read this thread.

Patch delivered to steam! Waiting for them to push button.

Thank YOU for being patient with the game!

So the last patch squashed a lot of bugs and we're glad to report that we're getting fewer error reports and the reports we're getting are about a smaller number of problems.

So we're definitely getting where we want to go! BUT that doesn't mean we're done. We'll keep updating the game and improve it as we go along. We will also try to add additional features that you guys are requesting.

If you do post your error report please also include your system specs, otherwise we can't pinpoint the cause of the crash.

Also, there are so many of you posting now that we're having a hard time keeping up. Tweet us if you want to be sure that your message gets through.

Changelog for Patch #6 (1.3.3.5)- February 1st
Tonights patch is a bit smaller than usual, but we've spent a lot of time researching and debugging the issues.

Fixed issues/bugs
  • Fixed jittering caused by avatar move orders persisting on clients.
  • Fixed issue where self shields would get desynced.
  • Fixed so that elementals that weren’t initialized collided with beam spells.
  • Fixed crash initializing a dialogue chain with a dead actor.
  • Fixed crash due to navigation desync in chapter 2 secret area.
  • Fixed “Too fancy for fireballs” achievement sometimes not being awarded.
  • Fixed crash on Chapter 11 boss confuse ability.
  • Fixed so that Chapter 12 boss does not start attacking before cutscene is done.

New features/balancing
  • Added Chapter 1 Text in intro.

Known Issues
  • Network uplink bandwidth, while improved, can be demanding
  • Steam attempts to install XNA framework every time game is launched or rare occasion
  • Quitting the game while the credits are rolling will not award a game complete.
  • Mouse outside screen in full screen with multiple monitors will minimize the game.
  • Crash resulting in leaving too many enemies alive in previous scenes (NonPlayerCharacterCache is empty)

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Please follow these general steps and hopefully it'll help most of you.

Make sure you're on a computer that is at least on par with the minimum requirements- Magicka does not support Intel integrated graphic cards!

MINIMUM Requirements
  • Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
  • Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Hard disk space: 2 GB Available HDD Space
  • Video: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900 equivalent
  • Direct X-compatible sound card
  • DirectX® 9
  • 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
  • Internet connection for multiplayer

We've seen that a bunch of players are reporting that the game is running poorly on their netbooks/laptops. This is because netbooks/laptops don't have graphics cards that comply with the minimum requirements. This is the primary reason why their game is acting up. Magicka does not support integrated graphic cards, especially INTEL ones!

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. Visit www.nvidia.com or www.amd.com.

Make sure your have the following installed (should have autoinstalled)
  • XNA Framework - google it to find the correct version for your operating system.
  • Microsoft .net framework 3.5 (dotNetFx35setup.exe) - (Link to Microsofts website)

We (devs and publisher) are still super committed to fix stuff that's broken and make sure you guys can have a great time with the game.

Additionally we've also have a bunch of improvements planned and will be patched in as soon as the major issues are out of the way! These are based directly off your input

Keep letting us know if there's anything else we can do!

Thanks again for playing and watch out for friendly fire!

/ Paradox & Arrowhead Team

Additional info can be found on:

Twitter: www.twitter.com/magickagame
The official Magicka Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hp?496-Magicka
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Magickagame

Last edited by Paradox__rep: 02-02-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
JerikTelorian

Many thanks for the updates!

My friends and I found another bug for the list though: we finished the challenge mode with 4 players over WAN, though only the game host got the achievement for surviving all the waves. Also, the host was the only player to get the completion screen -- the rest of us just waited for the next wave. This happened for us in both arenas.

Incidentally, I don't have an error report or anything, since the game didn't crash; it just gave no indication that we completed it.

Last edited by JerikTelorian: 02-01-2011 at 09:00 AM.
JerikTelorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
Sacrox

Hey!
When can we expect to see versus mode?
Sacrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
GoaLitiuM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerikTelorian View Post

My friends and I found another bug for the list though: we finished the challenge mode with 4 players over WAN, though only the game host got the achievement for surviving all the waves. Also, the host was the only player to get the completion screen -- the rest of us just waited for the next wave. This happened for us in both arenas.

Incidentally, I don't have an error report or anything, since the game didn't crash; it just gave no indication that we completed it.
Exactly same thing happened to us, except with 2 players.

Also after the 5th patch, the lag got somehow fixed (no more freezing), but now there's over 1 second latency when casting spells. Sometimes items disappeared right after they spawned or some items cannot be picked by other player (but when other player picks the item and takes another, then the first item is pickable for both).
GoaLitiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
Speccto

Nice work guys! This game is HILARIOUSLY fun!! Keep it up!
Speccto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
koon

We actually had our first consistent non laggy experience tonight, it was pretty sick, still a few ctd's though but you guys are definitely getting there.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
Gemberkoekje

Could you confirm if this patch will solve the indexoutofrange issue which seems to pop up with many people randomly? (including myself)
Gemberkoekje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
Kristal237

Small wish =)
Something like Capture the flag mode?)
Kristal237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
Gemberkoekje

This patch is up NOW.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
MasterOfTheTide

Just got the patch and saw no notes on steam so I came here. Thanks for the update and thanks for the post. I am sure this game will finally be playable when I get back to it this weekend! Last weekend was a nightmare trying to play with friends and one of my computers wouldn't even boot it. With progress like this it seems most things should be cleared up by the end of the week!

Thanks for all the work on this game to make it playable.
MasterOfTheTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
Gemberkoekje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemberkoekje View Post
Could you confirm if this patch will solve the indexoutofrange issue which seems to pop up with many people randomly? (including myself)
Nope:
Code:
Version: 1.3.3.5
Thread: LogicThread
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: De index valt buiten het bereik. Deze mag niet negatief zijn en moet kleiner zijn dan de grootte van de verzameling.
Parameternaam: index
   bij System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   bij System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   bij Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.Character.Update(DataChannel iDataChannel, Single iDeltaTime)
   bij Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.NonPlayerCharacter.Update(DataChannel iDataChannel, Single iDeltaTime)
   bij Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.EntityManager.Update(DataChannel iDataChannel, Single iDeltaTime, Int32 iStartIndex, Int32 iEndIndex)
   bij Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.PlayState.UpdateEntitiesA()
   bij Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.PlayState.Update(DataChannel iDataChannel, Single iDeltaTime)
   bij Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.GameStateManager.Update(DataChannel iDataChannel, Single iDeltaTime)
   bij Magicka.Game.Update(Single iDeltaTime)
   bij Magicka.Game.ThreadedUpdate()
Old 02-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
PsYcHo126

Wow! You are working, working, working! Great! Keep up the good work.
You made a really good game. It was/is a bit buggy, but you are doing everything to get it "bugfree".

Would love to see things like PvP in the future!
PsYcHo126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #13
Chetyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoaLitiuM View Post
Exactly same thing happened to us, except with 2 players.
Just posting that this happened to me as well. Was kind of sad when I finally beat challenge mode with my friend but didn't get the achievement :/
Chetyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:21 AM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
JacobS

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerikTelorian View Post

I'm going to say that I've managed to reproduce this twice with a friend (I hosted once, he hosted once). The client(s) don't appear to get the message that the game is "finished," are stuck in an active play state (rather than getting the final scoreboard), and are forced to disconnect, plus they do not receive the achievement (achievement only tested once, since I had already received it). They do get credit for the final score on the leaderboards.
JacobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #15
Lord Gremlin

You know, I kinda stopped at chapter 3 and now waiting until you fix the game completely (please add easy and hardcore modes also, it's just tweaking some variables, priceless for balancing multiplayer and singleplayer).
Lord Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magicka