Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dragon Age series > Dragon Age Origins

Old 02-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
digiconda

Stuck in Pause on Tutorial

I recently installed Dragon Age Ultimate Steam. I made it through all the DLC unauthorized problems and log on issues, now, having started a new game, I get past character creation and the scenario intro (Dwarf commoner) and it pauses the game with a remark about Tutorial: Tactical View. I cannot exit from the pause! Is there a known issue regarding the pause command?

Thank you for the help,
Vince
Old 02-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Woofy12

Can you turn tutorials off? Maybe that'll fix it.
Woofy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
Cantisque

You need to complete what the tutorial is asking you to try before it will unpause.

While in a tutorial, the game cannot be unpaused until you have tried what it says. I think switching views, changing equipment and utilizing the quick slots are the main ones.
Cantisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
digiconda

Thanks for the suggestions guys. For whatever reason the game software would not recognize the scroll wheel of my mouse. So, I opted to change the Tactical View to the up/down arrow keys on the keyboard. This allowed me to fulfill the tutorial requests. A goofy error, oh well.

Vince
digiconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
SoL0

funny cause I had this exact same problem when i first started playing DAO. I had no clue what was wrong, tried spamming all the keys before it occured to me that I was supposed to follow the tutorial's request
SoL0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dragon Age series > Dragon Age Origins